Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

1 Jun 2016

Eight Career Tips From This Guy


  1. Money won't make you Rich. Intention Matters. Action Counts.
    1. He was raising fund for a college senior suffering from blood cancer.
    2. He looked worried that he can't do much as he is not earning.
    3. I volunteered to his cause as he taught me a lesson that we need  generosity and willpower not money to do great things.
    4. Small drops fill the ocean.
  2. The real problem that holds us back is our own fears, insecurity and negativity.
    1. His friend was cribbing, how his relatives keep asking about what's going on in his life.
    2. Ravi was upset as he was jobless and hence has stopped all communication with them.
    3. He explained Ravi that the problem is not with the relatives but with our own insecurity and inferiority complex.
    4. Even, my relatives ask me the same questions and I reply that, "I'm honing my Java programming skills and I'm going for interviews. Hopefully, I would get a job soon."
  3. Nobody can hurt us without our permission.
    1. When he was mocked for being jobless for a good 6 months after completing his B-Tech in IT from one of the reputed college in Indore.
    2. He replied with a cool head, "I am Jobless. Not worthless. It's a phase of life that will pass."
  4. Be genuinely happy on success on others and learn to not feel bad when you'll be labeled as a loser. (refer point- 3)
    1. On being shamed by mates for offering sweets as his younger sister got a job at a prestigious product based company- Intel while he was jobless guy struggling in Bangalore.
    2. He replied, "My sister is not my competitor. She got what she deserved and I'm proud on her".
  5. Find simple and innovative ways  to use technology.
    1. "I once told him to use mobile as a learning tool".
    2. Never in my wildest dream, I thought that he would even use that for recording audio lecture while attending classes and would use that as a reference while studying at PG.
    3. Performing beyond expectation is a great quality.
  6. How far you can go to support a cause you believe in?
    1. The farewell messages on the white t-shirt he left at home has some compliments that blew my mind.
    2. His roommate wrote that, "You are the best roommate I can ever get".
    3. Later, I came to know that as his roommate was not so conscious about cleanliness so, he even made bed of his roommate as he likes cleanliness. Really, I have never even thought of going that far.
    4. A possible situation of conflict between him and his roommate turned them into friends for life. And, that's why I believe that we don't get friends, we earn them.
  7. What goes around comes around getting stronger....
    1. I am mentoring this guy for quite sometime and he don't even know that actually it's the other way round.
    2. I rarely see people with such positivity.
    3. Talking to him charges me up and leaves me motivated.
  8. What doesn't kill makes you stronger...
    1. I can go on and on but I must admit that I got really emotional when I first wrote this as he is my brother, Rohit Sinha .
    2. His Linked profile summary is so positive and sums up everything I wrote here.
PS- This post is dedicated to all those who are in a similar situation. Be strong. Stay Positive and keep Learning. Hope my dashing brother would've inspired you.
I am passionate about working in a Startup because I have a great learning attitude. I am a self starter and I want to get an opportunity to learn, grow and contribute at a Startup in Bangalore.
  • Oh! God, If you're testing him, please come for an inspection as the product is ready. Getting a job from off campus is such a difficult thing wherethousands of candidate are lurching for a few vacancies.
  • It's like snatching food from the lion's mouth. I wish to see him working as a Java Developer soon. I am learning from his failed interviews and there are wonderful lessons in store which I will publish later.
  • If you are going through rough patch. Connect to him at Quora LinkedInas he is my mentor who shows me how to survive hell with a smile and positive attitude. When people like him are jobless, I feel ashamed working at a reputed company.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment