Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

2 Jun 2016

My First and Last Email to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam


Now that you are gone, there is no point in writing this, but still, I want to say something to you.

Dear Sir,

I have got your email id few days ago, but despite getting happy. I feel sad, very sad. I am frustrated at myself. I truly admired you but I had stopped staying in touch with you. I don't remember the last time I searched what you are doing in life. I write  emails everyday to everyone. How could I forgot to write to you. I know that I am lazy but you have put the brake on the race I was running.

You made me sit down and make my priorities straight. I saw your website, abdulkalam.com. I never knew that it existed. I don't know why your death feels like a personal loss. How do I claim that I admire you. When you were alive doing great things behind the scenes, I was living in my own fool's paradise.

Now you are gone, everyone was paying tribute to you and while answering to a question on Quora. I realized that I will make a Quora blog to collect the wisdom left by you. I created the blog but I feel bad as I have no personal experience with you. I encourage my colleagues who were fortunate to meet you to write about their experiences.

I feel guilty every time I realize that it was not that difficult to meet you. You were very much approachable. I should have taken an initiative to meet you or write to you. 

Now, there is no point in weeping over my misfortunes. I have committed more sins. I have ignored my teachers and old relatives and I don't want to repent after they leave me.

Life doesn't give second chance, at-least in your case, I should have got an indication that you are going to leave.

You have taught me the hard way that I should not wait for death of someone to remember them.

Take care,
Rohan

Picture Credit- Photo by Kate Macate on Unsplash
Share:

5 comments: