Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

26 Jun 2015

22 things which fascinates me


The Phone is kept on a remodelled old storage box of my Grandma. @ copyright RohanSinha


What are the things which fascinate you?  After reflecting on my life, I have written down a list of 22 things which fascinates me. 

1.      Birds- I like feeding birds, although couldn't do it often. I feel that we all must do a small bit of kindness by keeping little water and food for the birds which flock near our homes. This act is very precious during summers as the birds find it difficult to get food & water during summers in the scorching sun. I like chirping of birds in the morning. In fact these days, I am waking up by hearing the chirping of birds rather than my monotonous alarm. Also read 19 things which make me happy.

2.      Animals-  All animals are essential for the ecosystem. Although, I don't prefer to have pets at home because of the hard work involved in taking their good care. But, I do like them at Zoo or their natural habitats. Many a times, they show compassion and kindness towards others and very interesting videos can be easily accessed on YouTube.

3.      Trees/Plant- I want to do tree plantation on a larger scale at some point of my life. We eat fruits and vegetable from plants or trees grown by others, I want to do organic farming. I want to plant trees whose fruits may be enjoyed by generations to come. I do not have any time-bound plan for it. It is a wish and I hope someday it may come true.

4.       Water- I don't like to waste water. In India, at many places water is in abundant and hence people don't realize the importance of water just because it's absolutely free. I also want to do rainwater harvesting. Save Water, Save Future Generations!

5.      House- I like to keep my house clean and beautiful with minimum cost and effort. I love to reuse stuffs that have lost their value. E.g. - A spray bottle to clean furniture, glass can be reused for spraying water in the flower pot once the spray is empty. An old storage box of my grandmother greets everyone who comes to our brand new home with its revamped look. It is used as a stool for keep Phone and Photo Frame.

6.   Books- I love books. I read books to expand my horizon. It is for new learning, new experiences, it takes me to a different world. For e.g. - A diary of young girl is written by a teenage girl in hiding during the world war. It took me to a world that I have never seen. It is really like sitting in a time traveler and go to the past in a different country. I was so much impressed with Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus that I told about the key learning from it to my mother as I could relate to what was written over there. Someone rightly said, whatever you are experiencing may have been previously experienced by many and at least someone must have written about it. Learn Lessons from The Monk who sold his Ferrari.

7.      Family Tree- I got to know that one of my Uncles has some information regarding my ancestors. So, someday I will take up the mission of understanding the reason of migration of my ancestors. I believe they will be glad that someone out there is trying to know about them. Anyways, life is not all about doing things for name, fame or money. Help me in Tracing my Family Tree.

8.      Library- No. I am not taking about books. But the setup of Libraries amazes me. In school, we had one period in a week for attending Library . In college, I used to spend hours in the Central Reading Room/ aka Library of the University. They are so perfect for study. I love the ambience of a Library.

9.      Handloom/handicrafts- I want to promote handloom and handicrafts. We can have a Museum to showcase and provide a platform to many artists to earn a better livelihood.

10.  Circus- It has been long time that I have not been to any Circus. I don't know whether they exist now or now. My childhood has been spent in a sleepy town of an eastern state of India and whenever there was a show/circus. It used to be like a mega event. Life was so slow and beautiful despite so few options. Now, I am staying in a housing complex with its own Multiplex but I rarely go for Movies.

11.  Childhood- I feel nostalgic about our childhood and have fond memories. I love the entire experience of my childhood at a slow paced town. We had two good CBSC schools and I was studying in one of them. I miss my games. I was the Captain of my cricket team of 8-9 players. In winters, we used to play badminton on the lane in front of our house. All day, someone will roam in the town to sell almost anything from vegetables, ice-cream to bed sheets. We never felt the need of any of the e-commerce companies as everything was available at our doorstep. 

     There was so much understanding between the sellers and us. We almost knew the time of the ice-cream walla (seller). Power breakdown was a norm but we got accustomed to it. I really miss burning the midnight oil in true sense as whenever power was not there at night and if the Generator is also not working due to lack of diesel then we used to study under the Kerosene Oil lit Lamps and Lanterns. I am realizing that when we didn't wanted to study then we faked to sleep while power was not there as then no one will ask us to study. See How Mumbai Rains remind me of my childhood

12.  Work on strengthening relationships- Relationships also need proper care and attention otherwise the bond gets weaker with time. It requires conscious time and effort to cultivate and maintain healthy relationships. Read Happy Father’s day, Dad!

13.  History- It fascinates me to know how people used to live in different times. How they do business? What they used for transportation? What was their lifestyle? What where there favourite pastime, etc.

14.  Writing- Writing brings me to life. I am someone who thinks with a pen and paper. Writing is very important for my existence. In future, I aspire to write a book. In near future, I look forward to write stories, articles and get my works published in popular newspapers or magazines. Reading about my personal odyssey.

15.  Learning- It is a lifelong process. Like someone has said Live as if it is your last day but learn as if you have to live forever. If you stop learning, you stop winning. Learn Lessons from The Monk who sold his Ferrari.

16.  Teaching- I truly aspire to mentor students. I really want to do something in the field of education. You can read Mentoring Exercise for My Siblings

17.  Ideas into Action- I want to transform some of my ideas into action. I hope to come up with some brilliant idea and then get it rolling. Generate Ideas & get it implemented for helping the underprivileged. Lots of food is wasted in Parties /Functions. That food can be donated to needy, hungry people. Ideas for day to day life- We consider it good to gift sweets to someone we visit. Rather than giving away sweets, we can offer them fruits, books or more meaningful things based on their interests. You must know how an E-commerce company turned an unhappy customer to an ardent fan

18.  Communication Skills- I really admire someone with outstanding communication skills. But here I am not talking about the skills to do effective business communication ( Come on Flipkart, Improve your Communication Skills) but also the communication we do at personal level. I love to be someone who can talk to anyone from 5 to 120 years of age with ease. People these days are very busy and obsessed with themselves. A free advice is that switch off that mobile and the TV and does something good for the kids or the elderly of your family or neighbourhood. 

     The elderly gets truly happy if someone spends time with them. They want someone who can talk to them, love them, and respect them. Guys, don't forget, we are also going to get old one day so, treat old man or lady in a way that makes them feel proud on the younger generation. This video made me miss my Grandfather

19.  Ayurveda- I am interested in learning about ayurveda and other alternative methods of healing. I am also interested to know regarding homemade remedies for common ailments. Many wonderful items of our kitchen have unique qualities which can help in prevention or cure of ailments.

20.  Cooking- I love to experiment with different ways to cook something. I prefer to cook something quickly for dinner or I would prepare delicious chicken curry (home style) or other things as explained by Mummy. In my cooking, apart from my Mom, I will give special credit to biharandjharkhand.com/recipe for helping me learn and cook decently. 

     Learning to make dough was the toughest thing as I never thought I could make it suitable for Roti (Indian Bread). I don't like making round rotis. I make them in different shapes and sizes and its fun. The rotis are thicker when I make them, but I don't complain as I love them! I feel it tastes similar to a Tandoori Roti. See what all things  I cook

21.  Travelling, Camping, Exploring a place- I have a dream to go to Leh, Ladakh and Himalayas once. Along with my parents, I have travelled extensively across the country and few south asian countries like Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. But, I am yet to explore many places in my home state and throughout the world.

22.  .Photography- I want to pursue photography as a hobby. I have decided that as far as possible I will use my own photos for my blog posts. 


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive