Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

18 Mar 2020

How can one justify low CGPA during an Interview?


Situation- Off campus drive of a MNC in Bangalore
Interviewer- Why should I hire you after seeing your low CGPA?
Candidate- My CGPA is just 6.02/10 and I am sure that it is less than 85–90% of the people who came for this drive.
(Pauses for 2 sec and makes eye contact with the interviewer)
Candidate-There must be more than 5000 people who wrote the written test for this opening. Almost 1000–1200 were called today for further rounds after clearing written test.
Out of 1200, almost 900 were eliminated after the Group Discussion.
Then top 300 went for Technical Interview and just 90 were selected in Technical Interview for the HR Round.
Even with the baggage of poor CGPA, I did better than 98% of the interested candidates. I wish that if I am suitable for the job, my CGPA shouldn’t affect your decision. ..however, that’s my opinion. You’re the best judge.
May the best candidates get the job…
Interviewer- Impressive!
Result- Selected
You can read my answer to interview questions on my Blog by searching hashtag- Career Consultant.

Picture Credit- Photo by Hunters Race on Unsplash
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment