Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

28 Jul 2015

The Tribute: A Moist Farewell to our beloved Dr. Kalam

Yesterday, at around 9:15 AM, I got the shock of my life when I came across a news item with a garlanded photo of Dr. Kalam  with a heading " Minister pay homage to Dr. Kalam".

On seeing that, I shouted in the office, Oh! my God...Kalam is no more...when did it happened? 

Then my colleague told me not to worry as  Dr. Kalam  is all right. A minister garlanded the photo of Dr. kalam against the Indian Tradition of not putting garland on the photos of people who are alive. So, the media had put that incident as a catchy news headline.

I was relieved.

But,  within twelve hours, at 9:03 PM, got a message that Dr. kalam is no more as he passed away due to massive cardiac arrest.

I immediately  crossed check this from  reputed news portals while praying it to be hoax  but  I was stunned to know that he had departed.

I felt terrible as if someone from my family has left me forever. I have never ever mourned so deeply over the demise of a public figure. This loss was personal.

Yesterday, I completed 4 years at my first job and wanted to celebrate it in style. But, this news tore me apart and I was choked and not in a position to follow news channels or pay tribute to him.

May his soul rest in peace. He has departed but his legacy will always be there in the form of his numerous books, lectures, talks and quotes that will keep inspiring the mankind to rise above all adversity and be humble on receiving success.

Yesterday, I died a bit, but, I would bounce back, getting stronger and more better. You were my role model, you are my role model  and you will always remain my role model.

While, writing about him, by remembering him, I feel like weeping like a child but I am in my office and I don't want to show my teary eyes to anyone.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive