Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

14 Jul 2015

Why Ravish Kumar of NDTV Prime Time is my Favourite Anchor?


This is my response to a question on Quora which reads as “How do I get over the fear and shame of talking in Indian accent in the US?” My response has more that 548 Likes and 26000+ views at the time of  publishing this post here

Photo via Wikipedia
Mr. Balaji Viswanathan has already given a brilliant response. So, I will only add the story of Mr. Ravish Kumar of NDTV to prove that ACCENT never come in way of your success.


Accent is something unique to every state or region of a country. In India also we have different accents. I am a huge fan of Mr. Ravish Kumar, host of the show Prime Time on NDTV. It is a show where he conducts debate on the burning topics of the day.

He is from Bihar, a poor state of India and has a Bihari Accent. He never tries to hide it. He feels proud about his lineage and has great skills to handle heated debates.

Why I am telling about Mr. Ravish Kumar?

It is not because I also hail from Bihar. In-fact I don't have bihari accent as I have stayed and studied in 4 states and eventually from my voice, no one can guess from which state I belong. 

Rather, I am sharing his story as I wanted to share how accent doesn't come in way of your success, in fact you get a competitive advantage in the herd of polished speakers.

Ravish Kumar won the Indian news television award 2014 for Best News anchor in Hindi despite his humble beginning. 

It may be my personal view, which is also echoed by my friends and family that Ravish Kumar is an amazing anchor because he gives a feel of reality and originality. I am convinced that those who enjoy their work and are truly passionate about what they do attract the attention of others irrespective of their accent.

EDIT- I am overwhelmed by the response on this answer related to my favorite anchor Ravish Kumar. I am sure many of you are his fan. Can anyone share this response with him via twitter. I have tried but getting noticed on Twitter is really difficult. My Twitter handle is rohansinha03
--------------------
If you have liked, you can follow me for more answers and I hope you will also like: 

Ravish Kumar Interviewed UPSC Topper – Lessons for all of us

 Rohan Sinha's answer to How was the Indian economy shaped after its independence?
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive