Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

26 Jul 2015

Happy Parents' Day: A Thought Provoking Ad-Campaign On Foot Massage



First of all, Happy Parent's day to all the parents on quora.

I have got this from Facebook and it struck the right chords. The text in Hindi means " Son/Daughter, please massage my foot". It is encouraging the youth to order a foot massage for their parents.

I am from India, where most parents seldom  spend a penny on massage or spa. When I was a child, I used to give foot message to my parents and other elders of the family. Hence, I can very well relate to this advertisement.

Now, as I am miles away, my parents have no one to pamper them. They have spent millions on education and upbringing of me and my siblings. But, the irony is that they don't spent a penny on getting a professional service for massage or spa.

This advertisement is a reminder to me and many others that there is always a perfect way to give back. We must pamper our parents like they have done us. I am feeling nostalgic by this message and am unable to write much. My mother let me enjoy different foods without going to restaurants

Last time, I went home during Holi (the festival of colors in India). I saw my Mom was putting extra efforts to make lots of delicacies for me. She was so happy that her son came home on Festival. She was having pain in the legs due to working all day in the kitchen for several day before I reached home. At night, she was unable to sleep due to unbearable pain in her legs. 

I noticed that she is feeling the pain and was awake till 1:00 AM and so I gave her a foot massage by applying oil and after 5-10 minutes she told that she was feeling much better. I really don't know whether she told so to convince me to stop her foot massage as she felt bad that I had to wake up to apply her massage. I was feeling privileged as I had kept her awake many nights as a kid. So, it was my time to do my bit. 

I am glad that next morning she was so happy to tell everyone that she could sleep properly after I did massage to her ailing foot. It felt great. But, I cannot be there at home always so it is better to avail services of professionals.
-----------------
Disclaimer- I am a startup enthusiast. Neither, I am  associated with any company that offer spa, foot-massage, etc. nor I promote any of their products or services. This is just an opinion based on my life experience.

Photo Source: Facebook Page of http://Bigstylist.com 

Also seeRohan Sinha's answer to What are some short stories about mothers?
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive