Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

19 Jul 2015

What Gaurav Munjal, founder of Flatchat taught me?

Disclaimer- It's going to be long post....the lessons I learnt will be explained at the end.

What Gaurav Munjal, founder of Flatchat taught me?



I have read various stories related to strangers. Mine is a bit different and really unique...It is about a stranger who touched my life without we meeting in person. 

How? 

May be due to Destiny..Karma or Luck (what ever name you like).

Actually, it happened last year during the summers. It all started when I read an article on YourStory by Gaurav Munjal. In the article, he has mentioned that one must read Harry Potter. He further wrote that if someone is 23+ age then he need to just request for the book in the comment section and Gaurav will buy and gift it to that person.

Snapshot of Gaurav Munjal's Article

I never pay heed to these advices. But that day, without any expectation, I read the article and then went to the comment section to provide my mailing address. (PS- Prior to reading that article, I had no intention to read Harry Potter)

The chapter closed for me. But not for him.

I clearly remember, I was winding up for the day in office that evening when the office boy came with 3 envelopes. Rakshabandhan was just after a  few days and I expected to get Rakhis from my sisters. But, I was curious to find that on one of the envelops the sender's address was not there. Out of curiosity, I opened that envelop first to find that it contained a book of Harry potter.
This book was gifted to me by Gaurav Munjal
But, I forgot  about the Gaurav Munjal's promise. I was so happy to get the book as I am a book lover but I was just getting anxious to know who has sent this to me.

Well is it my little sister...no..she can't ...then might be that cousin who stays in Bangalore. But, she has told that she has already sent Rakhi to my native.

Just couldn't hold the temptation to know who couriered this to me. Suddenly went to find the office boy but he had left for his home.

I was getting more and more curious and I suddenly opened the book to find out the personal message from Gaurav Munjal. I felt so good for his sweet gesture that can't describe it in words. This was a surprise gift for me.
Personal message from Gaurav Munjal

Through this episode, he taught me very important lessons without meeting in person. I am sharing the lessons learnt for all of you:
  • Do good things for others for no reason- It can cost you few bucks but you never know, you may inspire a soul or lift the spirit of someone who is feeling a bit low.
  • The world is small- It is important to give the credit due to someone in style. I was moved by Mr. Gaurav but my personal thank you note to him never satisfied me and I knew that someday I will surprise him in style. The world is small, last month I joined quora and this month our paths crossed again and I followed him. I am excited to write about the experience which is almost an year old.
  • Inspire- In your lives, if you start doing things which inspire others..then you can consider yourself successful. Money, Power, Fame, Respect.. thy all shall pass but the good you do will remain there forever.
  • Better Late than Never- I have been feeling that I should have appreciated his good deeds quite earlier. But, better late than never.
  • Appreciate small things- Many small joys go unnoticed or we forget to appreciate them. So, make a resolution not to miss an opportunity to appreciate the good deeds of others.
  • Startup Enthusiast-  The startups are dynamic places to learn. Its not required that you join one to learn from them. You can follow their founders and employees on social network and you can read articles of Yourstory to stay updated about Startups. You can learn plenty of things from the success as well as failures of startups. They inspire me and I believe that they will inspire you as well.
Facebook Message exchange with Gaurav Munjal after getting the gift

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive