Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

3 Jul 2015

Words of Wisdom (Part-1) Thoughts which made me believe that Life is Beautiful

Photo-  My Pocket Diaries

I had a very simple habit of jotting down thoughts or ideas in my pocket diaries. It was a wonderful exercise which I practiced when I was in college and during my initial years at Job. This was done to ensure that I don’t miss a wonderful thought or idea. I have recently come across my old journals, pocket diaries, etc and am delighted to see that many things are worth sharing with you all.

I got the inspiration for the same from a quote I read somewhere that a brilliant idea never strikes again like lightening doesn’t strike the same place twice.
So, here I am presenting the thoughts/ideas with date when it was jotted down in my pocket diary. I hope the readers will be glad to see the genesis of this blog and can learn many wonderful words of Wisdom. I am expressing my heartfelt gratitude for all the events and activities of my life which provoked such thoughts; here you may also find inspirational quotes that I had read or heard at that point of time. Most of the ideas and thought are original but the quotes may be from somewhere like (Movies, Article, Interactions or Videos which touched my heart to the point that I wrote about it in my pocket diary)

Ø  My Personal Statement: I have to make the best use of my time and energy ( 07.11.2009)

Ø  Life is the best teacher (11.11.2009)

Ø  Never hurt a heart that loves you because wounded hearts are crushed flowers that never bloom again (11.11.2009)

Ø  Slow and steady wins the race. (12.11.2009)

Ø  Do your best and leave the rest for God. (12.11.2009)

Ø  I have to be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind (21.11.2009)

Ø  Hey Suraj Bhaiya, after talking to you, I am feeling confident that I can do it. I was very scared of the Paper before talking to you. Thanks! (23.11.2009) [Remarks- This was the night before one Paper of 5th Semester! I couldn’t believe that I was so scared.]

Ø  After Exam, I have to make a plan to lift the quality of my life. I have to make goals for Career, Health, Family, Personal, etc. (28.11.2009)

Ø  No demands, No complains (28.11.2009) [I think it’s from Movie, Ajab Prem ki gajab kahani]

Ø  I was nice to listen to listen to Interview of Rajat Sharma of Aap Ki Adalat Fame on Radio FM. (29.11.2009)

Ø  What does l learn from this? Effective people ask “What?” questions. E.g. - What can I do to make things better in 24 hours? Never ask Why me? Why now? etc. (05.12.2009)

Ø  I may be the best or at least better than many but I am never the worst ( Ancient saying by the child prodigy, Nachiketa) (05.12.2009)

Ø  I want to see my parents happy forever. (05.12.2009)

Ø  Those things that hurt instruct. (05.12.2009)

Ø  Tell yourself good things about you. (07.12.2009)

Ø  Go as far as you see. When you get there, you will be able to see further. (07.12.2009)

Ø  Don’t hesitate to shower your unconditional love & care to your loved ones. (09.12.2009)

Ø  I will make my siblings to learn English in the best possible way. (26.12.2009)

Ø  Speak less, Listen more; Listen less Observe more. (14.03.2010)

Ø  Today, my brother told that his exam goes well when he talks with me before the exam. I think that’s the best compliment I have ever received. (25.03.2010) [ It is with reference to my brother’s 12th Board Exam]

Ø  Do the things you fear and fear will disappear (25.03.2010)

Ø  Somebody is living because you are living. (29.03.2010)

Ø  Do a little favour to somebody without expecting anything in lieu. (05.04.2010)

Ø  No matter what happens, control the outcome, it’s on you. (Quote from the movie Never Back down). (06.04.2010)

Ø  Stay positive and optimistic, observe and analyze, (06.04.2010)

Ø  Give your attention to the minute details ( Inspiration from Sherlock Homes) (06.04.2010)

Ø  Every day is a new day. Wasting time on useless things is really stupid (12.04.2010) [After thought of an unwanted argument with a friend in college. I don’t remember the reason of the argument though the lesson is worth it]

Ø  My family has high hopes with me.  (18.04.2010) [Remarks- No one tell me thing..this is my assumption which gets me going]

Ø  Happy Marriage Anniversary to Mummy & Papa (18.04.2010)

Ø  Electronic Junk is increasing day by day. It has vast opportunity which can be trapped. (18.04.2010) [ After though of meaningful discussion with the same friend with whom I had an argument on 12,04.2010]

Ø  Tomorrow, I have the Heat Transfer (HT) Paper from 08:00 AM. But, I haven’t covered most of the syllabus. Have to make the most of tonight. [ These humble thought came at 6:41 AM on 20.04.2010]

Ø  The HT paper was terribly bad. Many questions were out of syllabus and I found it very difficult to solve questions. I think I will pass the exam with “D” grade, i.e. (40-49 marks out of 100). ( After thoughts of the exam on 21.04.2010).

[Remarks- That exam taught something really important. I had just put the last 12-13 hours before the exam to consolidate whatever I learned during the semester. When I saw the questions, I understood that I am going to fail as I thought that the paper was tough only for me. But, when I saw similar expressions on the faces of our toppers, then I realized that many questions are out of syllabus. I knew one thing that for failing me in this exam, the teacher has to fail at least 95% of the students. After that, I don’t know what happened, but I got the inspiration to try each and every question and I put my best efforts. Finally I got “B” grade, i.e. 70-79 out of 100. Grades are not important but the experience is really what matters.]

To be continued (it’s only the tip of the iceberg)…………..

If you have enjoyed read more on this blog Life is Beautiful


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive