Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

10 Jun 2015

Old Man and his dream



I am an old man who came to this world some 70 years ago. As a child I lived in a village where my father was a school teacher.  I had many friends in my village. But when I became 15 years old, I came to a nearby town, Amba with a dream to get higher education. But, I never enjoyed study and so I left my education in between. My parents were upset with my decision. They decided to marry me to a village girl. I protested but finally they convinced me to marry. After my marriage, I started to teach small children of the neighborhood to support my family. With the money I earned, I used to buy lottery tickets. Once fine day, I won a lottery of 1000 rupees, which was a huge sum at that time. But, I spent the money to live lavishly and I was bankrupt after one year.

However, that was a turning point in my life. I forgot my past and decided to lead a decent life. I learned to repair radios at a small store and gradually started my own shop for repairing of radios. I was earning enough to lead a modest lifestyle. By that time I had two children of my own, one boy and one girl. I kept their names as “Aakash" and “Angel". They were the apple of my eyes. After the birth of Angel, my financial condition became very good as by that time I also started selling radios. She was my lucky charm and that is why i kept her name as "angel". I sent them to one of the best school because i wanted them to become a literate and responsible citizen. With the passage of time relation between me and my wife became strong and even I did not know when I started loving her.

Suddenly, one day when I was talking to one of my friend who was in Mumbai, he gave me an idea of expanding my business in Mumbai as there was lots of scope there. He had many contacts in that field. After talking to him I discussed his proposal with my wife and children. I thought I would be able to provide better education to my children who were then in 7th and 9th class. Finally, i came to a conclusion. I decided to shift to Mumbai and my wife supported me in my decision. That was the 2nd turning point of my life. We all have heard that Mumbai is a place where people come to test their destiny. 

 But I have never expected my destiny to take such an amazing turn. I will never forget that city. There I saw my children getting success in front of my eyes. My daughter got job of Air hostess and my son did engineering and finally got placed in "Microsoft". My business grew very fast. I along with my wife went to learn English to cope up with the pace of our children. With the passage of time, I developed a habit of planting trees in my leisure time.  

Today, I am writing this story in a thought full mood while sitting on a chair with a cup of coffee in my hand in the middle of a garden full of trees planted by me. This surrounding gives me lots of peace and a sense of relaxation. Now, I don't want anything more from life. Life has given me more than what I deserved. So I must say “You will definitely get success if you are alert to tap opportunities with your determination and positive attitude ".
Share:
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive