Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

20 Jun 2015

#MumbaiRains and Me- Part-2

Picture taken at Marol Naka, Andheri (E), Mumbai on 19.6.15

Just few days ago, I have written about Mumbai Rains (Read), in continuation to that, I am writing this post to share my experience of the Mumbai Rains in this season till date. Like, I have shared that Rains in Mumbai are welcomed even though they put a brake on the speed of the city. We are having rains for past several days.

Yesterday, it rained heavily and the lifeline of Mumbai, the local trains were cancelled, schools were shut down, and roadways were severely affected. People were struggling to juggle between their home and office.  Mumbai never stops! Heavy Downpour can affect but not stop the Mumbaikars. Had it been any other city, the situation would have looked a lot like a curfew. But by god’s grace and the hard work of the civic body, BMC the worst was averted. BMC has used around 130-140 dewatering pumps to clear the stagnant water and by today there is literally no water logging, so Hats off to them.

The pictures of the water logged areas of Mumbai are doing the round on the social networking sites and news channels. After watching the news, my well wishers contacted me to know about my well being. It feels good when you know people care for you.

BMC has advised people not to go out unless it is an emergency. I don’t know whether going to office is an emergency or not. And, so I am in my office today. I don’t know why but this city touches my heart in the most unusual way. The city has often been affected by natural or manmade calamities but the people overcome it in the most admiring way.  In Mumbai, if people can’t run then they will walk and if they can do so then they will crawl but will always move forward.

My client’s office, which a stone throw away, is closed for last two days as they have planned a visit to Lonavala. We are mesmerized with the timing of their trip as when we could achieve very little in our office for these two days due to the ripple effect of the rains. They are enjoying the rains in style.  Many people who planned to meet me over these days have called to extend our meeting which has left me with enormous time to re-plan my work schedule.
I believe that the rains we have seen till date in this season is just like the tip of an iceberg. There is more to come. The advice to fellow Mumbaikars will be to always keep a stock of food for 3-4 days at home and carry some food items in your office bags as you may get struck when you least expect something like this happen to you.

Yesterday, my office decided to foreclose our business by four in the evening to prevent an unpleasant situation. So, more rains means less work and more fun if you enjoy it. It reminds me of my school days, when rains means absence from school.

People are gathering at places like bandstand, Marine Drive, Juhu Beach, Chowpaty beach, Alibaug, Matheran and many more places to enjoy rains although BMC has warned people to avoid going near sea as during high tide it may prove fatal.

I feel that my love for Mumbai is going to get deepened with this years’ monsoon. I just want to soak in what this city has to offer. Love you Mumbai. Many more posts on rain to follow.

By- Rohan Sinha

If you have enjoyed, read more posts here

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive