Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

27 Jun 2015

Permanent Roommate No 07- It was the best thing you did to me yesterday


Who told that Personal Letters have gone behind their sell by date? We are sitting 5 feet apart but still we exchanged letters. This is my Roommate No-7's response to my personal note to him written below
While you spoke politely last night to convey your concerns, you did more than that. You made me realize about some very important incidents of my life. I was incapable to appreciate people and incidents in the past due to lack of words.

I, Thank you for letting me know that you are facing problem because of the sound of Keyboard and Light. I am extremely sorry that I have caused so much inconvenience to you. I can understand that it must have been difficult for you to sleep in the light and noise.  Thank you for being so patient with me.

You are my 7th roommate and the last time a roommate informed me about any convenience to him was some eleven years ago for the same reason that he couldn’t sleep because of Light and I am glad to see that how much mature we all have become over time.
Roommates, are siblings that you never had, you not only share your room, but your life with them.  I believe they come to our life for some reason and I have always had long lasting relationship with all my roommates.

My journey with my first roommate was a roller coaster ride. It was very interesting as we both were out of school and started to stay together away from home. We both were immature. There was lots of friction and we barely spoke for first 3 months. Then came our Diwali vacation. While we were returning to Kota together, my Uncle (Mamaji) noticed that we are not on speaking terms. He loves me a lot but that didn’t prevent him from scolding me, which changed my experience with my roommate. My Uncle told me to compromise. Asked me to go to take dinner together, share what you eat in your room with him and all that. I felt so bad that day that due to someone I don’t like I have got so much banging.

But it worked wonders, my roommate started to reciprocate and today I am planning to elaborately explain him about what happen and how we became lifelong friends.

All my 7 roommates are awesome and I want to thank all of them personally. I am thanking you here, for others; a late but delayed thank you note is due. Read here Permanent Roommates: PersonalNotes to all my 7 Roommates

Although, I know you don’t like to sleep under light or noise, even I don’t like it; still I couldn’t realize that unknowingly I was causing so much inconvenience to you.

You have given me an opportunity to address the things which are causing annoyance to you.
I understand you might have not informed this to me earlier as you would have thought that I might react. It is not your problem but my failure that we are still so reluctant to discuss touchy issues.
Also, I thank you for tolerating me. We both are very different hence there may be more things you might want to say. Please do so and I will not mind it. You are a good friend and a very good human being and I don’t want to be the reason of any inconvenience to you.

I have thought over the problems caused to you and the following possible solutions to address your concerns with respect to Light & noise.  You can pick any of the solutions given below or propose anything else that best suits your requirement. I assure you that I will not disappoint you.

1.    One simple solution is that I can go to drawing room and work there.  Actually due to poor wifi connection there, I was reluctant to go. Still, it’s an option.
2.    If you can sleep by 9:30 or 10:00 and I work with light on after that time in our room. I don’t know whether  it may help or not
3.    I can switch off Light, use your lamp and work in the room with proper care to create negligible noise from keyboard stroke.  Also, there is one life hack to avoid unnecessary noise. I was having it when we spoke last night. If we put cotton balls in our ears then they block unnecessary noise and act as a very good tool for concentration. You can try it, I have plenty of cotton.
4.    We can buy a couple of bands which are used over eyes to block light. It is wonderful as I have seen it at one of my relative’s house. Still, I don’t know whether you would like this or not.
5.    Kick me out and get another roommate! Not Recommended.

Sorry again to fail to convince you that I am not that bad. Looking forward to your response.




Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive