Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

23 Jun 2015

Come on Flipkart...overcome this communication problem and give me a hug?


Photo credit-   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flipkart
I was an ardent fan of Flipkart but the loyalty is fading with time. I think it is because of the following:

a. I am their customer since they were a novice in the market, selling only books and stationery.  They were the company through which I made my first online order and they helped me build my trust in purchasing things online. They somehow couldn't manage to keep intact their loyal customers and hence people like me flocked away to other e-commerce sites while being happy for the rise of Flipkart.

b. They moved on and so do we: We never felt that Flipkart is doing anything to retain their original customer base. So, the affection for Flipkart started to fade, and the process is going on. I want them to Read How an E-commerce company turned anunhappy customer into an Ardent Fan

c. I still admire Flipkart, as I have watched them grow over all these years, I am still their supporter, their well wisher, their self nominated brand ambassador and also their critic.

d. Most of the time, I have felt that they fail to convey the message they intend to give. For example, they are running a campaign #AachaKia nahi kharida. But, I couldn't understand the intent when I saw it on the TV for 7-8 times. I was feeling a bit dumb but still I asked my friends about the point this ad wanted to make. I was surprised to know that they were also equally dumb as they also didn't had any idea, what was the point Flipkart wanted to establish.

e. It was only yesterday that I came across an article regarding how Snapdeal trolled #AcchaKia campaign of Flipkart. It was only then when I came to know that Flipkart wanted people to know that they have sale on their App from 22nd to 24th June, 15 and hence should buy things during that time.

f. This is not the first time that Snapdeal has trolled Flipkart, its Big Billion day or something like that was also trolled beautifully. I really feel that Snapdeal is really smart in communicating their messages while Flipkart only make people feel dumb as many a times we have no idea what they want to say.

g. Flipkart has started behaving like a Big Daddy of E-commerce Industry and are doing very little to win the trust of the people. Probably they need to relook into their strategies to save billions on Marketing and Public Relations while winning the trust and love of people.

h. It is my personal feeling that the customer care of Flipkart should improve.

My best wishes to the company which gave me the confidence to make online purchases. I have fond memories of my online purchases from Flipkart. I have ordered lots of Cooking Recipes books for my Mom, many good books for my brother on his birthday, a mobile for my sister and so many more things. You have taught me to shop online; I am indebted to you and will always be your admirer. Now, you must have understood that I criticize what I don’t like about Flipkart in the hope that my genuine feedback might help them to overcome their limitations and they keep on growing and evolving always. Here is something which Flipkart can learn from An Startup Evangelist .

Edit1- This is trending of Quora as per my standards, 5100+  views and 146+ Up votes with only 10 followers on Quora. Am I crazy? View it yourself.

BY- Rohan Sinha

Read more articles on Life is beautiful




Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive