Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

14 Jun 2015

This video made me terribly miss my Grandfather



Photo credit: Emotional Full's Video Khat
I have got this video called khat (Letter) on social media and have seen it a couples of times. There are many amazing videos on the internet but some videos strike a deeper connection with us. There is something special about this video and so it connected with my heart. This video is about a Grandfather who is writing a letter to his newly born grandson. He is offering some very simple and basic advice to his grandson who has just arrived in this world. His advice made me feel that Life is beautiful. The person who is playing the role of the Grandfather looks so simple and this attracts me towards him. I like the way he walks, I loved his expressions and his gestures in the video. I hope the voice in the video is of the same gentleman.

He made me miss my Grandfather. I have never seen my grandfather in flesh as he left for the heavenly abode before I came in this world.  But, this doesn't stop me from revering him. My grandfather was respected for his godly qualities. I have heard true appreciation about him not only from my close and distant relatives, who knew him well but also from other prestigious people of the society. The way one distinguished doctor, Dr. Bhattacharya appreciated him was unique. He told that whatever he was now is because of him and remembered how my grandfather has helped him establish his clinic in his early days. Despite, repeated insistence, the doctor refused to accept his fees from my parents.

You will be glad to know that my grandfather has helped many people in different ways yet he never accumulated any wealth for himself or his family. I felt proud when I heard that he used to say that his children are his real wealth and he has not purchased any property for himself and stayed his entire life is government quarters.  I have seen one of the quarters that was sprawling over a large area like a bungalow with a lot of greenery. Now all his three children and eight grand-children are well placed in the society due to their hard work coupled with his blessings.

He has gone some 30 years ago but still many people whose life he has touched have fond memories of him. I wish I could have met him in person. He has been a role model. 

BY- Rohan Sinha

If you have liked it, may visit here for more articles.



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive