Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

21 Jun 2015

How I resolved Brightness issue of my Laptop


I have an old Dell laptop with Window XP. It fulfils my laptop needs and is sufficient for my basic requirements like internet browsing, playing video and writing. But, sometimes it comes with unique problems. I feel like going out and buying a new one for myself but the fun in finding the solutions prevent me from doing so.
Having said that, it is also true that I really love my laptop and it still suffices my requirements, I get sentimental to replace or dispose off my first laptop. The problems I face are unique but I get over them by taking help of the Internet.
Here, I am sharing how the brightness issue of my laptop is resolved.
Problem- The brightness of my laptop will get dimmed whenever the laptop is charging.
Description of Problem- It is just opposite of the normal automatic adjustment of brightness where the brightness will increase if laptop is charging and it will get dimmed if the laptop is running on battery. I was unable to change the brightness through my keyboard using Fn+ arrow up/down.
Approach- I have surfed internet but couldn't find a convincing or successful solution. I kept trying with different keywords and finally got the solution.
Solution- Restart the system and press F2 while the system is booting to get access to BIOS options. After pressing F2, you will see the BIOS options. Now go to the option VIDEO and under it there are options to change the default setting of brightness when the laptop is charging. I increase the brightness to the desired level and Voila! It worked.
So, since I have done the research to get this problem resolve so I thought why not share it with others who might find it helpful.
BY- Rohan Sinha
If you have enjoyed this you will also like




Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive