Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

19 Jun 2015

Why a bachelor started Cooking?

Today, I will share with you, why I started to cook . I have never done any kind of cooking while I was with my parents. When in college, I stayed in hostel and didn’t have a chance to try my hands at cooking.

Cooking comes naturally to me from my Mother who is an outstanding cook. I want her cooking skills to get recognized beyond all those who have been lucky enough to have the food cooked by her. I want to help her publish a book of her original recipes. I want her legacy to be alive forever. I missed home-cooked food in Mumbai so I decided to learn cooking from her on the phone.

I started with cooking simple foods like Rice, Pulses (Dal),Paneer Bhurji and Fried Rice. Eventually, I learned more recipes like Ghugni, Chola, Aalu Paratha, Sattu Paratha, Chicken curry, Egg Curry, Khichdi, Dalia,  Aalu Dum, Aalu Tamatar, Panner Pyaza, Paneer Chilly, Chicken Chilly, Aalu Jeera, Aalu Gobhi, Noodles, Masala Omlett, Tomato chutney, and many more things.

I feel very proud to cook as it makes me believe that I am creating something. Cooking is an art for me and I enjoy cooking occasionally.  However, cooking means you need to buy raw materials from market, chop and clean vegetables, and clean all the utensils before and after use. Now, I am able to appreciate the effort of my mother just by learning cooking.

It is not easy that she makes so many things simultaneously for breakfast, lunch and dinner without support of anyone. I have always encouraged my room-mates to do cooking together. So, they have helped me all the way by lending their helping hand. Someone will chop vegetable, someone will clean the dishes. For them, I was the Head cook. Now my room-mates are also good cooks but I don’t know whether they were influenced by me or not.

Please see the photos of cooking done by me to know how a bachelor is cooking. I am really excited to release all these photos taken over a span of last 2 years. I never thought that I will ever published these in Public domain. But, life is all about possibilities. If you love home-cooked food and want to know recipe of foods that can be cooked quickly then do post your request as I am planning to publish regarding the same.

Dal, Rice, Smashed Potato, Crushed Tomato Chutney and Pickle

Step 1- Take all Massala for Cooking Chicken Curry

Step 2- Fry Onion till its Pinkish

Step 3- Add Tomato, Massala, Ginger Garlic Paste and fry

Step 4- Add Chicken and Fry. Cover Lid and slowly cook

Step 5- Yummy Chicken Curry in ready

Khichdi with Sattu ka chokha and Pickle

Noodles

Egg Curry

Kadhai Paneer

New Year 2015 Celebration @ Kamla Nehru Park: Kadhai Paneer and Fried Veg. Rice

Masterchef's classical packing

Kadhai Paneer

Ultimate Curd @ Makar Sankranti 2015

Cross-sectional View- Curd

Happy Makar Sankranti 2015

Special Khichdi



Chicken Curry and Salad

Omelet-Bread

Khichdi on the go

Made Paneer at Home


Makuni, Sattu Paratha with pickle and Tomato chutney






Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive