Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

18 Jun 2015

Don't mess up with Linkedin




Hello Friends,

Good to be back after 2 days, there were issues which kept me away from this blog. I am working as a firefighter these days. I am struggling with a lot of  mails from all the social networks and the the promotional stuffs from so many companies.

It doesn't seem good to find more than 100 new unsolicited mails every time you login. And, now I have spammed unknowingly. Actually, it was two weeks ago when I accidently sent request to everyone who is on my mailing list to connect with me on Linkedin.

Linkedin is sending weekly reminders to all those who have not connected with me yet. Those who are yet to accept my request are mostly whom I have sent the accidental request on their official email-id. Now tell me who login on social network from official email. 

At least, I don't! I am in a big soup as it is very embarrassing to see that your colleagues are getting reminders every now and then that you are waiting for their response. Funny part is that they are already added as a connection but just because the accidental request covers all types of email-ids so close friends and colleagues have got invitation on 2-3 email-ids.

I  am also getting reminders on my office id to connect with myself. Now it has become a spiritual message from Linkedin, which reminds me to connect with myself. It was today's evening when one of my colleague jokingly informed me that he is already a connection on Linked then why am I sending reminders to him.

 It was that awkward moment when I realized that as per Linkedin, I am dying to add all my colleagues, bosses, directors of other companies, CEOs, my office boy, the manager of the Hotels I have ever booked and numerous other people whom I don't know to my professional network.

Shine.com is already reminding me every week that top companies like Larsen & Toubro is waiting for candidates like me. How can I join a company I am already working for. They need to update their algorithm and should only show carrots which seems real.


When I contacted Linkedin to inform them about this issue. They politely informed that users don't have any option to stop Linkedin from sending reminders on their behalf.. They have informed that the Product department has been updated about my request and they were smart enough not to commit a time frame to incorporate the features pointed by me. That was wonderful! Really. It will help me to deal a difficult situation in my professional life, jokes apart.

I don't like reminders and hope nobody does. So, I am really concerned that one small innocent mistake is making Linkedin spam on my name. Linkedin, please understand that I don't want to persuade anyone to be on my network. So, stop sending reminders about me being interested to add someone or vice versa. 

You won't believe that for the last one hour I am manually skimming through the invitations I have sent  and am withdrawing invitations one by one as Linkedin don't have facility to withdraw invitations in bulk. I am just wondering that if invitation can be sent in bulk then the withdrawal of invitation should be also in bulk.

I have again asked Linkedin to provide these basic options to users as they can decide what's best for them. Looking forward to get these options on Linkedin in near future.

Anyways, every experience has something good to offer and I will be more careful in future with the mighty social networks. Enjoy your life, stay tuned and be in the moment.

Take Care

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive