Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

27 Jun 2015

Permanent Roommates: Personal Notes to all my 7 Roommates

Photo via Wikipedia


It is dedicated to all the 7 roommates who came in my life. When you came in my room, we not only shared our room but also our life. We had shared joy and sorrow. You were a stranger when you came in my life but then we became lifelong friends. I will not share the names as I want to see if my roommates are able to recognize themselves or not. I know they will, but still sometime staying anonymous is a good thing.

Roommate No-1- Our friendship is very dramatic, we were not liking each other initially, go in flashback and try to remember. I am grateful to my Uncle (Mamaji) who made me realize how to treat our roommate. I was staying away from my family for the first time and so were you.  We were immature then and at least I felt that we both were a bit reserved. But, after overcoming some initial hiccups, there was no going back. We were the best friends forever. I am grateful that you came to my life as a roommate. We shared so much joy and sorrow together.

I remember the help provided to me during Board exams by you and your younger brother. You were a family member for me. You helped me or almost made a fantastic project for my Physics Lab Exam. I scored a full 30/30 due to that but forget to say thank you then. So, thank you for that.  I want to remind you of that unknown aunty who showed us the carrot of allowing us to stay in their under construction house after It was to be constructed and how we felt when we realized that they had some other plans. Hope all is good at your home. Convey my best regards to Aunty and Uncle and love to our brother and sister.

Roommate No-2- We first met in our first hostel, KP-4. I think room number was 3C-408. You came with your Mom and I was with my parents and my cousin who was in the same college. I have quickly developed a very strong bond with you. All our assignments of first year have seen light of day just because of you. You were very sincere and friendly. We have given you names that you must have enjoyed! So, the man woman (not one woman man), remember this! You are a very good person and I always cherish the time spent with you. Miss you! Pardon me for not keeping in touch more often. Convey my regards to your parents whom I met couple of times. We really enjoyed all the movies you brought from the Market (Our Mechanical Guys).

Roommate No-3- You were someone whom I consider a friend as well as a role model. I have learned a lot from you.  You were so sharp that you would study at the last moment to clear the exam with flying colours. You were from a different league altogether and we were fortunate to have you as a friend. I cherish all those memories and hope you will also forgive me for not keeping in touch so often. But, I want to tell you that everyone in my family knows that you are very sharp because of the numerous times, I have told them about your prowess. I had meaningful interactions with your Mom and request you to convey my warm regards to her.  Dude! Like you, I am here short of words to express my fondness of you. Forgive me for that! Meet soon or I will be there to have some fun together.
Roommate No-4- You are a very good friend and it has been long time since we last spoke a couple of years ago. Dude! I have sent you couple of messages on Facebook and haven’t heard from you. Be ready for my banging, once I meet you soon as I have heard that you have just come to Mumbai.  You were very hard working and were a study partner throughout our college days. I cherish those times, when we spent more time in reading rooms than in our rooms.

The summer training we did together was a wonderful experience and I really enjoy those moments now when we have to wake up at 4:00 AM in the morning to catch the train scheduled at 5:00 PM and finally after using an auto, train, Jeep/ Bus and Rickshaw, we would reach at 10:00 AM, just to learn whatever we could and quickly plan to move out by 4:00 PM to reach our homes at around 9:30 PM.  Convey my heartfelt regards to your elder brother and parents.

Roommate No-5- Dude! We are proud on you. You were smart and have always worked hard. We have fond memories of you.  It is good that you are able to speak up your mind on sticky matters also. It was a very good experience with you and what about Guitar?  You really played well and you were a big fan of the Movie, Rock on, which we watched together. You must have become a very good Guitarist by now. You have tremendous potential and good luck to you for all your future endeavors. Have to talk to you a lot about what are the new hobbies you have developed over these years. IIM must have been a very good learning experience for you. Hope everyone is doing well at your home. Do keep in touch always.

Roommate No-6- You are a very simple and kind hearted person. I admire your simplicity.  You are an odd one out of all my roommates. You are from a southern state with a different background altogether but how well we have bonded is truly amazing. I am nothing compared to your qualities as an amazing human being. Now, you have been a partner in our mission to drink Milk daily. It is possible only because you will purchase the milk, you will boil it, you will clean the pan used to boil Milk, you will arrange for supplementary items like sugar, bananas etc and what I will do, only drink it and share the expenses.

I feel bad that I am not contributing in this entire process but I will find ways to pay you back in some other ways as I feel indebted.  Having said that, you are someone who can serve selflessly, I try to match but I can’t match your selflessness. I call you Bhaiya (Elder brother) because you are a few years elder to me and very mature. You are a rare gem who should be in Museum for generations to see and learn!!

Roommate No-7- You are born smart! I like your confidence and your approach very much. You are a very good human being who can speak the truth. I am not that good in giving true feedback because I am so concerned with the other person. I always look forward to you whenever I need any genuine feedback. I will not bore you much as I have already acknowledged your importance in my life separately here Permanent Roommate No 07- It was the best thing you did to me yesterday. 

Also, I want to let you know that I really like your family members and have developed good bonding with your parents. Your parents are very down to earth and very friendly. I am really glad that your parents came to our house warming function to grace the occasion. Kindly let them know what I feel about them.

Come let’s meet someday and relive those wonderful moments once again. 


Share:

2 comments:

Blog Archive