Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

14 Jun 2015

Jugaad Technology:This is how a Mechanical Engineer fixed Hardware problems of his laptop





Today, I am very happy to resolve a series of problems related with the keyboard of my Laptop. I had a very annoying issue. All of a sudden, any random key of my laptop will automatically start typing continuously. I was facing the following problems whose solution will make you cry out of laughter.

Problem
  1. Any particular key of my laptop will start typing on continuously its own. Like today I was getting zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, yesterday I was getting ```````````````````` . I couldn’t login into any of my accounts  or write my blogs as these keys will auto press to ensure that I am not able to use the laptop properly.
Analysis of the Problem
  1. I was feeling that the sensitivity of the mouse reaches to an uncomfortable level whenever these random keys auto-press.
  2. Occasionally, I  have problems which will be rectified on its own like some ten days ago I was unable to change the brightness of my laptop, My laptop fell from my bed at night and next day I  was able to change the brightness of my laptop. Also, the auto-tying issue was gone for a couple of days.
  3. I searched online regarding my problems but from the resources available I only felt as if my motherboard is going to die and these are early sign of the face that my laptop is going to say goodbye.
  4. One fine day I will be unable to use the key a, but after few days a will work but say k will not work.
  5.   I have also purchased an eternal keyboard but to no use as the internal Keyboard used to create nuisance. I was also unable to uninstall the internal keyboard
  6. When I use my laptop in office then I don't face these autotype issues. It left wondering that the laptop is only having issues at our flat and not in office. It was really strange. 
  7. I decided to get my laptop checked from the hardware engineers at my company. When I explained him the issue, he was laughing as there was no problem like auto-press at that time. I joined the laughter and told him that the patient has recovered on its own by seeing the doctor. 
Conclusions from the analysis
  1.   The problem is related with heat as sensitivity and heat are related.
  2. So, opened the strip above the start button as shown in enclosed picture.
  3.  Decided to check for any loose wire and found that a heated copper type plate was in contact with the insulated wire that was probably connecting the keyboard and mouse with monitor or motherboard.

Solution:
As now, I have realized that the problem was due to the defective insulation. So, I took out the price-tag from my new t-shirt and have folded it and put it between the insulation and copper type heated plate.


Result:
Eureka! I did it. The laptop is free from all the problems.  Now, this Jugaad Technology has saved at least 50k bucks as I was all set to buy a new laptop by end of month. I wish someday this will help someone else.


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive