Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

9 Aug 2015

A wonderful experience with a stranger

What a mid-aged unemployed man taught me?

At a chicken shop on a Sunday morning

A  fifty something man came at the shop and we exchanged smile. He asked the seller to give some discount as it is difficult to survive as an unemployed in this city.

It catched my attention!

Then we started talking,

Me: Hello! You stay here or have came for vacation
He: I came here to find a job. My company got shut down.
Me: Oh!
He: What do you do?
Me: I am an Engineer at L&T
He: Oh! L&T is very good company, never leave it.
Me: Just smiled (didn't knew what to say)
He: You are bachelor or planning to marry soon
Me: I am a bachelor. My parents are looking for a suitable match.
He: I will give you a very good advice.
Me: What?
He: Always get to know the true nature of the mother of the girl you will marry? It matters alot in deciding the family values of the daughter.
Me: I was just listening to his advice without judging it as I could feel the person was charming and I liked his conversation.
He: I am jobless and I have came to my daughter's place. I need to quickly find out a job and settle again.
Me: (felt bad) Offered him advice to start searching for jobs on job portal sites and registering to local consultancies.
He: I liked talking to you. Can I have your number.
Me: Yes, its 73xxxxxxx5. I also took his number and then we both came to the same housing complex with 2500 plus flats where we both stayed. 
( Little surprised to realize that we stay in an urban village. We hardly know our neighbours!!
-----
There is nothing special about this conversation but I liked the experience. Sometimes we are able to share so many things with strangers which we might not even feel comfortable to share with near and dear one.
The middle aged man was an epitome of hope, despite losing his job at around 50 years of age, He was cheerful. When freshers don't get job or are at a job they don't enjoy then frustration starts to creep in.
My generation needs to learn from unsung heroes like him who are always upbeat about life. He was a positive person and despite going through a tough phase in life. He made me realize what experience teaches man.

There is more to life than cribbing about our own problems. 
--------
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive