Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

14 Aug 2015

Who Led the Creation of Alphabet? Is it CEO of Alphabet Larry Page?

Yes, like many of you I also believe that Alphabet is the brainchild  of Mr. Larry Page.

I often think of Mahatma Gandhi, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, etc as men of vision. I am an ardent fan of Google. But, I failed to realize the contribution of Larry Page to humanity.

There are only commas and no full stop in the attitude of Larry Page

When I first heard of Alphabet, I thought that Google has changed their name and have made some changes in their organisational structure. But, I was wrong. Google has played a master stroke and from whatever is known in public domain, I can say that no once except Larry Page led to creation of Alphabet.

Larry Page had once considered selling Google to Yahoo. But Yahoo refused as they couldn't find the deal beneficial. The same Google became a hulk and I feel that now it can buy Yahoo someday.

Larry Page never relaxes after creating an awesome product or service. He push his engineers to stretch their limits and bring something extraordinary. I am proud to write that a software engineer is planning to transform the ways in which we travel by focusing on making driver-less cars. 

Larry Page is inspired by bigger problems. 

Somewhere I read that he tries to address the tougher problems which can benefit billions of people. What an incredible vision. Just reading that statement enlightened me. So, where I used the learning from him.

Now, I look for relatively tougher questions and attempt them rather than writing answer to a popular question with hundreds of answers. 

Benefits of addressing tough questions

I am getting better at writing answers. My answers are getting noticed. Don't think that I am getting up votes, they are getting flagged for slighted of mistakes because the audience for tougher questions is more critical and the best way to learn is by doing things the hard way. But, this is one of  the best way to grow on Quora. I felt so bad yesterday when one of my answer was flagged for bad formatting. I learned as much as I can about formatting and have submitted edits for Quora to unlock my answer. 

Larry Page wants to be omnipresent

When he could have relaxed seeing the growth of Google, he created Alphabet. He started with a Internet Based search engine startup and now it will not only make cars of the future, they are also in Mobile Phones ( both software and hardware), Futuristic Technology, Bio-technology, etc.

Kishore Biyani wrote in his book that he want a customer to spend all his money at his stores viz. Big Bazaar, Food Bazaar, etc. On a similar note, Larry Page wants to be omnipresent, which means being everywhere at the same time be it Laptop, Mobile, tablet, Car, Software, Research & Development to solve Billion People Problems.

What is the motive behind creating Alphabet?

The creation of Alphabet might have one or more motives like
  • Identifying the White Elephants
  • Making the different units accountable for their balance sheet
  • Giving a bigger role to Mr. Sundar to retain him
  • Allowing Mr Page to focus on the non-performing areas and new businesses
  • In the new structure, Google will be the largest fully owned subsidiary of Alphabet.  The smaller companies under Alphabet have to perform on their own.
  • It is good for Google because the health of the new Google will improve because some unhealthy companies are out of her umbrella.
  • It is good for the unhealthy companies, which can have a unconditional attention of Mr Larry Page while Mr Sundar will take care of Google. I am sure Mr Page will turn the ill companies into thriving business.
  • It might have legal and taxation benefits.
  • Larry Page will have more time to focus on solving Billion People Problem.

Out of these, the biggest motive is the passion of Larry Page to solve our biggest Problems. I will not be surprised if in near future, Google will  transform the construction Industry.

Google has become a supreme power on this Planet. I would still not be surprised if they try to look beyond Earth.  You may ridicule me now but all great suggestions or ideas were once mocked.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive