Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

12 Aug 2015

Why Should I hire you?

I want to share excerpts from my campus  interview of TCS. This was special because it was my first job interview. 

(I was a mechanical undergrad with little knowledge about programming or software engineering.)

Interviewer-  Which is your favorite Language?
Me- Sir, English! (told with full sincerity though I knew what he was asking?)

Interviewer- (laughing)... I am not asking that. Tell me about your favorite Programming language.
Me-  I learned C in first semester.

Interviewer- Does it means you don't know it now. Am I correct?
Me- Sir, I know the fundamentals of C like bla bla bla

Interviewer- See, you are a Mechanical Engineer with little knowledge about programming then why should I hire you?

Me- I assure you that before joining TCS, I will learn all that would be required to perform well. Also, there are 2 strong reasons which makes me believe that I can be an asset for TCS.

Interviewer-  He asked sarcastically, "what are they?"

Me-  My biggest strength is that I am hopelessly optimistic and a good team player with leadership quality. 

( The interviewer interrupted me and asked various counter questions to validate my claim. As I confidently answered his counter questions with conviction. I knew that I have nailed the interview despite being technically exposed at the beginning).

Interviewer- I enjoyed taking your interview. 

Final Result: SELECTED

Must Read: Campus Placement  is among the most overrated and hyped thing in India
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive