Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

18 Aug 2015

General advice: Is Quora a Substitute to books


Your question is cute because you are 13 and I am glad to know that you feel that your Father is missing a point. I was also the same at your age.

I wish my Dad had also asked me to read literature at that time. But, anyways, he pushed me hard to improve my Maths, which is my Favorite subject till date. A strong Foundation is crucial for making a high rise building. Hence, just love your Dad for the suggestions he is giving you now.

 I am of the opinion that Quora is no substitute for Books. I would only like to add that Hard work is not considered glamorous and so is reading books. But, great books take you to their own beautiful world. You can time travel to a different era. Let me give an example to support the answers of all those have agreed that reading Books is important.
I am recommending one book, The Diary of a Young Girl, which was written by Anne Frank, who was also 13 when she started to write her book. Please read her and you will develop a taste not only for reading but also for writing. I am twice your age but still I found her book amazing just because she wrote this in hiding during the terror of world war-2 in Germany.  I had read about many accounts of the World wars. But her personal story has a special place for me.

What Anne Frank, a 13 year old girl wrote 73 years ago is still relevant today, because you can relate to her even when she was from a different religion, a different country, a different era, and different circumstances. You will love to read books and I hope someday you will consider my suggestion. Cheers :)
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive