Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

13 Aug 2015

Which are the Ideas to start Business with Rupees 10,000 ?

My Response to a Question on Quora

I understand that you want to know business ideas which are dirt cheap. I have many but I work for a Engineering Giant and my work contract doesn't allow me to do business. 

My advice is that do something related to your skills or interests so that you enjoy the process.  Business is all about hard work and Passion. You have to come out of your comfort zone and have to make your hands dirty. I am sharing what can work for me, definitely you may get some idea. 

  1. Consultancy- I had reported regarding few misleading TVCs which were upheld by ASCI and the advertisers have to take down their TV Commercials. I am sure that if I would extend my expertise to MNC Advertisers so that they don't end up losing huge money on creating misleading ads. The Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) has featured me as ASCI Ambassador to recognize my efforts in combating misleading advertisements.
  2. Career/Job Counselor- I would spend 5000 Rupees on publishing pamphlets and would personally go to housing complex and Malls to explain my target audience about what I can offer  for free? Career Advice & Guidance . If it will be a profession then my Policy will be pay as you wish.
  3. Teaching-I stay in a Housing complex which has around 2500 Flats and I am sure that there are enough students whom I can assemble to teach them Maths. Again, my Policy will be pay as you wish.
  4. Blogging/Writing Articles-With Rs, 10,000, I can buy a coffee to more than 50 popular bloggers from Mumbai. Cool! So, I would like to send my articles to them and if they select me then they can pay whatever they like. I hope I can earn by submitting my articles to some websites.
  5. Interview & soft skills- One College friend called last Sunday to learn from me the nuisance of facing interviews. I was flattered that even after leaving college 4 years ago, people remember me for what I always loved."Why should I hire you"?
  6. Startup Consultant ( Freelancer)- Startups are dynamic places. I often write feedback to founders and co-founders and I have received appreciation and even offers from them for different roles. I wish I could accept a part time job at a  start ups as consultant.
  7. Consumer rights–There are numerous incidents where I got my money refunded when I was not happy with the service or product.  But this was amazing when an eCommerce company went out of the way to turn me from an unhappy customer into their ardent fan. I can definitely be a full time consumer rights activist or consultant:)
  8. Sell on Qlx/Quikr-  I can be an agent who can put advertisements for you on Qlx and Quikr and can fetch you huge sum for your second hand products. I did it for my Boss and he got the offer of 8500 Rs as against Rs 1500 offered  in a buy back scheme for his double door refrigerator.
  9. I can search something for you, if you can't find it anywhere.Trust me, My friends call me Google. But, How much will you pay for that :)
If you have liked any of the ideas, I would love to know. If I find you interesting and you are in Mumbai, then I can buy you a coffee :)
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive