Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

18 Aug 2015

My Father was a daughter for Grandma


I remember one incident of childhood when my father was reading out a story for my younger brother from his Hindi Textbook. The story was about a boy Rohit whose parents were not treating his Grandma well and the little boy was sad for the sufferings of his grandma.

After finishing the story, Dad asked my brother, “What do you feel about this behavior of Rohit’s parents?”

As my brother’s name is also Rohit, so he started to smile. Mom and I were also smiling in the background as Dad was unaffected by this co-relation and thus he asked my brother why was he smiling.

Suddenly, my dad told, I have always taken care of my parents so this story is not about our family. 

We all started laughing and then Mom told something which I had never heard before. She told that Grandma used to call my Dad as beti (daughter).  It was something refreshing to know as normally people call their daughter as beta (son) affectionately but calling a son as beti (daughter) is a rare thing and I think it was so nice of Grandma to do that :) 

Someone once asked Grandma that you don't have daughters, but you always place so much importance on them. It must have felt bad. She replied, “Who told you that I don't have daughter, my youngest son is my daughter”.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive