Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

18 Aug 2015

What are some things that feel good for the first time?

Things that felt good
  • My First salary, I had never earned a penny before that via scholarship or internship.
  • My First Friend, made as a Kid is still a best friend.
  • My First Family Trip abroad, because never expected that to happen.Travel Diary: Once upon a time in Singapore
  • My First Job Offer by TCS, didn't joined but really respect them for their choice :P
  • My First day at School, couldn't remember anything clearly
  • Seeing my newborn brother and sister for the first time.
  • Touching the legs and hands of a newborn baby, amazing touch. :)
  • My First ride on my bicycle


Cycling- My First ride on my bicycle 

You have all rights to laugh at me but probably after reading a bit more you might feel sorry for me. :P

Me- Dad, All my friends have bicycle. I also want to have a cycle.
Dad- Ok, I will buy it on your Birthday. But, why don't you learn it from your friends.
Me-  I will learn. ( I was literally dancing in my thoughts)

I think I was in class 6th when I went to a Government Office's compound with my friend to learn cycling. But, my friend got too excited to see the huge compound and started cycling. He was not paying heed to my requests to teach me cycling.  So, I chased him and got hold of him but he fell with the cycle on me.

I got scared and told my friend not to tell anyone that I have injured my head. I came back home that evening and slept hoping it will be all ok when I would wake up. But, I got a big swelling in the morning and had to tell my parents about it. I felt ashamed that I fell from cycle and so told that I fell in the bathroom.

They somehow agreed to my logic that I was sleepy and fell on the slippery floor in the bathroom. After few days, my parents got to know from my friend that I fell while riding bicycle. 

So, I was scolded for telling lie. But, it was also not true as I didn't cycled. I only chased my friend who was cycling. I don't know why I never told the reality. 

After that incident, I never asked Dad for buying a cycle and never tried to learn it till I was in Class-9th. It was summer vacation and I was ashamed that even kids half my age knew how to cycle. So, finally learned it during that vacation and it was one of the best feelings that I could also ride a bicycle.

Small joys of Childhood are more special that the so called big things I have experienced in Life.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive