Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

2 Aug 2015

An Embarrassing Moment

Me: Bhaiya , dus rupaiye ka baadam dena ( Brother, give me nuts of 10 rupees)
 
Shopkeeper : Handed over a packet to me and I was leaving but suddenly when I turned back the next buyer asked the shopkeeper that  " dus rupaiye me kon sa baadam milta hai" ( which nuts you get in ten rupees). The shopkeeper told, garib log singdana ( mungfali)  ko hi baadam bolte hai ( the poor call the groundnut as baadam (normally used for almond)
 
Me: Was embarrassed a bit but laughed it off as I come from a place where groundnut is called as baadam whereas for most baadam is a hindi word for Almonds.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive