Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

8 Mar 2016

Birthdays and Us

Originally written on 29th Feb,16

Birthdays are special for many people. I know people for whom it's just another day. Respect everyone's choice. There is no one-fix all solution for everyone.
Don't feel ashamed if you love to celebrate birthdays.
Don't feel that you're superior/inferior to anyone if you don't like to go over board on birthdays. I am closer to this group. In childhood, I loved to celebrate birthdays as the incentives were huge- I vividly remember waiting for months to get a cricket bat as gift, new dresses were so much fun then. Now, there is zero excitement. But a desire to live it well.
There used to be so much excitement for months before the birthday. Then the countdown...10..9..8..8..6..5..4..3..2..1-It's your birthday.
My birthday has almost came and I don't like the notice board showing it all the time as I like to celebrate my birthday in solitude with close family or friend in a modest way. However, that's not an issue as I'm already going home. I really don't remember who called me at 12:00 AM last year or any previous year as for me it's not important and my RAM also doesn't support those information.
However, I try to wish people on their birthdays to make them feel special. It applies to people whom I care about. It has happened that I've forgotten b'days...always happens and then I wish them belated birthdays. But, I do it.
It has been my 5th birthday in this company but I never cut cake in office as I prefer to take a leave or half day and do something different. However, I take initiative to arrange cakes and snacks on birthday of my friends and colleagues.

After all, it's all about personal choices. There is nothing right or wrong.
I neither call nor expects someone to call me at midnight as I'm mostly sleeping by that time. I always have a pact with myself not to fail to wish people I care about..even if it's a belated wish.

Last year, I was at home on my b'day after many years. This year also I would celebrate it in a modest way with my Parents. :)
It may not sound cool to many but for me, it's a terrific experience to spend quality time with them.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive