Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

8 Mar 2016

Is it too late to make a comeback?

Is It Too Late?: I am 24-years-old and feel like a complete failure who has wasted many, many years. What can I do to quickly get myself back on track?

No. Stop living in your mind. Take a piece on paper and start writing all that interests you. Set your mind free and don't worry if you have the skills or not.
How to quickly get back on track?
The answer to this lies in your answer to this question-What I want to do if money is not an issue?
  • I can't answer for your behalf but to help you get an idea. I'm sharing mine.
  • For me, the list was too long.
  • After removing the clutter, I felt that
  • Writing and observing people and things are two key skills. Passive skills. What the hell can I do by saying that I love to write.
  • My secondary Interests were Photography, Gardening, Home Decoration, Cooking, Watching Documentaries, Mentoring, Motivating People, etc.
  • I started revolving my secondary Interests around the Primary Interest of Writing and observation skills.
  • The observation skills helps to notice small things that often go unnoticed.
  • I'm feeling a lot happy, enjoying my life by doing what I love doing.
  • I've a day job that I enjoy because it's a wonderful place to get the ideas for writing along with a good place for those with people skills.
  • By doing all this, got featured in Business Insider for suggestions on Interpersonal skills.
  • So, I got lucky. Lucky things happen when you keep doing many things till you start finding the clue.
  • When you are still siting the room doing nothing then you can't get the real idea about what's your calling.
Excerpts from Career Myths- What Are The 11 Myths People Have In their 20s About Career & Life? by Rohan Sinha on Career Consultant
  1. It has been too late to learn or take charge of our life- It is never too late to learn and improve our life. Do you feel that you have not achieved enough at say 21 years.
    1. Let me share about APJ Abdul kalam. He was a popular scientist but he became world famous after he was chosen as India's president at the age of 70 years. He was literally unknown till 70 years of age.
    2. Charles Darwin, yes from your Biology Textbook was considered as Insane as till 50 years of age, according to people he was a wanderer. He was doing research and when he published his book after 50 years of age, he started getting recognition.
    3. Albert Einstein has worked as a Clerk but that didn't prevented him from becoming a great scientist of all time.
  2. I don't have zeal to learn- Larry Page invented Google and it became a dream company for many people.
    1. He just followed his passion. May be he was also not having the zeal to learn or work on the traditional subjects. So he created something new.
    2. Initially, he even went to sell it to Yahoo, who felt that it was too overpriced.
  3. I have wasted X years of my life- We feel that we have wasted our life but you know, nothing is wasted in this world.
    1. Do you know the story of bamboo tree?
    2. It doesn’t show sign of growth in first four- five years. But, in the next one year it will grow rapidly.
    3. Now, the reality is that the growth doesn't occur only in one year, it happens over a period of 5-6 years.
    4. During the first 5 years the growth of roots is happening and the foundation is getting stronger which let the bamboo to grow rapidly in last one year.
    5. Same is with all of us. We just need six months to a year to have a visible growth. [I've six month of my Unique Quora Experience which transformed me by leaps and bound]
    6. All the years before that are definitely not wasted. Believe me.
    7. Good experience gives you joy, bad experience build your character and personality. So, they both are equally important.
Get out of your comfort zone and follow your heart. Always.
Learn storytelling, writing and blogging tips at Writing is Painting
Wanna be a poet, here is a platform to showcase your talent Poignant Painter
Read Career Tips and advice at Career Consultant
Follow Psychological Patterns to get notified about a post about Insights from my study of human behaviour
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive