Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

8 Mar 2016

How Should I Make A Hard Decision?

Being specific is a good problem solving technique. "Making a hard life decision" is so generic that even after breaking it down into many pieces, it was difficult to understand. Let's see a sample case study.

Case study- I have completed my B-Tech and have got offers from couple of Tech support companies. Is it worth leaving that and trying to get a job of Java Developer from off-campus.
  1. Main Problem-
    1. Should I leave tech support job offers just because I want to be a software developer?
  2. Break down the Problem-
    1. Is it worth joining a tech support job when I want to be a software developer.
    2. Can I afford being jobless even after graduating from college.
    3. What people will think- I have a reputation to live up to.
    4. Will it be embarrassing for my parents, siblings?
    5. Do I have the fire in the belly to chase my dreams.
    6. How will I find a job?
    7. What if I failed? It is safe to join a tech support and try for Programming jobs.
  3. Answer each problem that is mentioned about, I am answering the answers my brother gave when he was in college.
    1. No. I don't want to spend time playing cricket if I want to be a Goal Keeper.
    2. Yes, it's okay to be jobless unless you and parents feel otherwise. It's a phase of life and comes in everyone's life. I know I have a tough road ahead. Still, I want to work on my programming skills and get a job of Java Developer.
    3. We can't make everyone happy. It's doesn't matter what other's think until my family feels that I am bringing disrepute to them.
    4. (This was answered by me)- We are proud on you and would back you no matter what happens. Don't live someone else's dream.
    5. I am hard working and I've a great learning attitude. Software Engineering is all about flexibility. If I am not worthy then I will be sidelined during mid ages. I have strong desire to learn.
    6. Bangalore is the best place for starting my job hunting. I have found out about an institute, JLC that is a good place for honing programming skills. I will go for off-campus drives and I'm sure that sooner or later I will land at a good java developer profile.
    7. It is not at all safe to kill my dreams. I want to go to Bangalore.

After graduating in July last year from Medicaps Indore. My brother, Rohit  is undergoing training at JLC, Bangalore. I has attended several drives. He got nothing in hand....not even disappointments. He is still so optimistic and he is just one good day away from sitting in his cubicle writing codes. Seven Career Tips From a Jobless guy on Career Consultant
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive