Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

6 Oct 2015

A story of two sisters

Few days ago my Aunt (Mom's Sister) came to Mumbai to her daughter's place. I also went to meet her and we had planned to have a fun outing. But, one of my cousin fell ill and was hospitalized. He is youngest among all so is the apple of everyone's eye.

He is a first sem engineering student who has just left the comfort of home few months ago and is highly introvert. He seldom takes initiative to talk to anyone on phone. But, in the hospital, he was behaving strangely. He wanted to talk to everyone who was calling his dad (my Mom's brother). 

It was like a bad omen and the negativity was high as why he was talking to us when he had fever of 105 deg F. No one uttered anything but we were damn scared.

I noticed that Aunt was crying and she uttered that she wanted to stay in the native as she feels good during tough time at hometown. Her daughter said, "What you will do in Patna, Alok is in Bhubaneswar?"

Aunt was missing her sister (my Mom) as they stay in the same apartment building in Patna. I called Mom, just to find out that she was also crying worrying about my youngest cousin. I didn't console her. I let her cry and say whatever she had to. She then told, " I am missing Didi (sister),she gives me courage. She should've been here at this time."

I got the clue. I gave my phone to Aunt and these two sisters, first cried, then consoled each others, smiled, laughed, cracked jokes to lighten the atmosphere and after 15 minutes, they were happy women full of hope and positivity.

After their call ended, it was 3:30 PM and we forgot to have lunch due to the sad news of my cousin. Then, Aunt said, " All will be well, God is kind. Let's have lunch, you all must be hungry".

Having a sister is a blessing of the highest order. You can also make a friend your sister and feel the difference it brings to your life. I have sisters who make my life beautiful.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive