Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

6 Oct 2015

Everything happens for a reason

Let me tell you a real story. It is about a boy who was shy, reserved and introvert. He was never addicted to any of the social networking sites. He used to visit places but hardly checked into locations. He could never get launched on Facebook , Twitter or Orkut properly.  He was everywhere but nowhere.
He didn’t want to get judged by others. He used to write journals, he had his journal full with his roller coaster ride which included how he coped up with his new job, his emotions, and his fears, his insecurities. He always believed that “Paper is patient”. His confidant was his diaries and his journals.
Then one day a summer intern came and introduced him to a Question Answer website, Quora.  He immediately fell in love with Quora. He got addicted to a level when he wanted to get out of the addiction of it. He felt his life goals are getting affected as he lacked discipline and was obsessed with his new found love.
He was behaving like a Tiger has been released from his cage. Yes, he behaved as wild and crazy. He started writing answers like a crazy psycho. He didn’t care whether people liked his answers or not. He was just writing. His words were flowing. He was reading and writing on the go. Slowly, all his leisure time and personal time were spent on Quora.
It was a vacation full of adventure. But as it is said that excess of anything is bad. He started feeling that Quora is an escape from his own problems. So, he decided to put a brake on its usage immediately and significantly.
Life is all about discipline. It’s time to realize that it has become an obsession and hence it has to go. His recent answers with thousands of upvotes were flagged by Quora for some lame reasons which in turned helped him to chuck this website for his own well being.
As that poor boy is me, so I am doing an analysis of pros and cons of my 3 months stint as an active writer on Quora:
PROs
  • I got the inspiration to write on a large variety of topics, giving life lessons, sharing whatever I know and getting appreciated for my writing.
  • This blog is a thriving resource now just because I got addicted to writing. I wrote many posts here so I feel that I can call myself an amateurish blogger.
  • I have learned how to connect with the audience though my main purpose is to write to create impact not impress anyone.
  • Writing is a medicine for me. I will keep writing in my journals and on this blog.  Occasionally, I will write on Quora also.
  • Yes, for the first time I contributed to any online website or forum. I have always been a passive user who reads but never commented or wrote anything worthwhile anywhere. So, writing more than 500+ answers in a span of 3 months is a good way to do something good for the online community.
  • I have got enormous success as a newbie writer on Quora. For me, Quora proved to be the best social networking website.
  • I have made a sister on Quora who is of the same age as my sister. She is a friend who has helped me see things from a different perspective. She is mature and I am blessed that our paths crossed.
CONs
  • The rules of Quora are vague and they have often rubbed me on the wrong side but as I have a positive attitude so I dealt with all those small setbacks gracefully.
  • I have got not so positive response from the admins and moderators as they are already overloaded and hence are often not so friendly at times. I can understand it. They are doing a thankless job of keeping the site clean. So, no complaints or grievance.
  • At times,  they have alleged me of being a spammer,  termed my answer as a comment, asked to add affiliations when I am not promoting anything or have nothing to disclose, flagged my answer bad formatting.
I have learned a couple of things about Formatting and other things.
  • Yesterday my answer with 77000+ views and 3650 upvotes got flagged for lacking affiliation. It was a lame reason to lock my answer to a subjective question “Why is Life Tough?” – Life is neither tough nor easy, it’s depends on our perception to a large extend. So, thank you Quora for taking this step to help me put the last nail in the coffin.
  • Quora deleted my answer to garner support for Cancer patient, Shivani Yadav who is battling blood cancer since May 15. She is my brother’s college senior.  Quora Moderation messaged me that my answer is a Spam as per their policy. It was for a cause, the girl needs 51 Lakh for bone marrow transplant and she has got donations worth 16 lakh. Quora is ruthless in its objective and is heartless and emotionless.
  • This blog is like my home, few visitors come to this place but there are no lame rules here, I can support a cause I believe in here. I was pained that I failed to help Shivani Yadav to the extend I wanted to do.
Everything happens for a reason. I came to quora, loved the place, enjoyed it and now have decided to quit it. It was a real journey full of ups and down. I have seen apathy to overwhelming response. I have evolved as a writer. I never got feedback on my writing prior to the Quora phase. After I gain discipline and undo my addiction of quora then I will visit it occasionally and would read and write on the site.
I have neglected many other important things during last 3 months; also I had no time to worry about anything as I was engrossed in writing in my free time. I have developed a habit to get the inspiration of writing in anything and everything. This post is a live example of the same.
So, get ready for some deadly blog posts in days to come. Stay tuned. Take care ☺
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive