Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

5 Oct 2015

What should a man do if he is losing interest in the woman he is engaged to?

Q: I have been engaged to a girl for 2 months. We talked over phone for the last 8 months. She is not that beautiful, and she is short (5'). My parents like her family very much. After the engagement I am losing interest in her. She loves me too much. I am very confused about her. 

When I saw her first I straightaway rejected the proposal, but then my parents started persuading me for this match. She belongs to a well off family. The social statuses of our families match. Both families like each other. I didn't realize her height when I saw her first as she was wearing high heels. On persuasion of my parents, I started talking to her on phone in order to discover more about her. She looks good in photographs. It is the thing which kept me believing that she looks nice. Having talked to her for such a long time, I developed a liking for her that prompted me to say "yes" for this match. However I was disappointed when i saw her on my engagement. I have conveyed to my fiancee that i don't have much interest in her. She told me to take a decision quickly whether to continue with her or not. In case my answer is still "No" she even told me that she will initiate a break up so that i will be spared from blame. 

She is average in studies and other activities and i am from IIT. From the beginning itself she was asking me what is there in her that prompted me to say Yes for her. She was even saying that i could have got better match than her. I could only say that i like her easy going attitude. She never complained me about anyone/anything and this is the thing which i liked in her.
A: Are you Kidding man! You have yourself given a description about her qualities which is making me feel that she is a gem. 

She is extremely beautiful as far as I can understand from the details given here. And, you also like her a lot. Only thing is that you are a bit confused as you wanted gold and you got diamond. Miracles do happen. 

Don't judge her beauty by mere her external appearance. See the attitude she is carrying, she is an epitome of selfless love and devotion and you cannot find another girl as beautiful as her.

Get down on your knees, hold your ears and apologize to her.   She is really easy going but she is still a human. It must have hurt her when you told that you don't have interest in her.

You have mentioned that you are an IITian and she is average in study. Dude, take a bow from me that you are IITian. I failed to enter IIT despite two sincere efforts. But, allow me to say that she beat you in "Attitude". Take it as a compliment :)

What is your height? I was just wondering if 6'4'' Amitabh Bachchan can develop a liking for 5'2'' Jaya Bachchan then hope you can also realize that 5'0'' for girls is not a bad height.

You are a lucky guy. Your life will be beautiful with a girl with such a resolved attitude. Even after the engagement, she is ready to let you go and also to take the blame of break up on her head. Who does that?

I wish I can find someone like her. Really feeling jealous of you man!

All the best for your wedding...
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive