Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

15 Oct 2015

I am Kalam

Originally written in my personal journal in Nov 2011 after watching the movie " I am Kalam"

I have just watched the movie " I am Kalam" for the second time. This has touched my heart. I am born and brought up in a modest family . But, I easily co-relate with the  poor kid in the movie, who wanted to be like Dr. Kalam.

In the movie, the poor chap is working in a road side restaurant (dhaba). He is not fortunate enough to go to school. But, he learns on his own. He has the desire to study.

He is inspired to study and be a successful person like Dr. Kalam. The poor boy could easily relate with Dr. Kalam. He has heard that as a kid, Dr. Kalam used to sell newspapers and later by hard work and passion, he become the President of India. He also does odd jobs at a dhaba and hoped that he can also become a big shot someday if he studies well.

The message was loud and clear. It was like music to me as I love Dr. Kalam and admire him. I couldn't understand how he has a mass appeal cutting across all barriers like class, age, religion, region, language, etc.

Dr. Kalam is the epitome of Unity and strength. He is the hope for millions like me and that poor chap of the movie.  I am sure Dr. Kalam would be glad that he had inspired the poor chap. I am also inspired from  the movie. I need to identify my aim in life. Then, I need to educate myself to achieve it.

I feel that giving away money in charity cannot help a lot. Rather, an under-privileged must be  helped in such a way that they become self- dependent. I think that providing vocational training for free instead of giving them cash will be better and effective.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive