Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

6 Oct 2015

Short Story with a humorous ending

Background : My Mom talking to her cousin (sister)

Mom: People don't have maid in US as it is expensive. Is it correct?
Aunt:  That's correct! Priya is having one who is a babysitter also. She comes by Car. 
Mom: Maid is coming by car! How much Priya is paying her?
Aunt: 1.5 Lakh per Month. And the work is also not heavy. In US, they use Dishwasher for washing utensils,plates;Washing machine for clothes (ok, we also use), vegetables are already chopped and cleaned (like few people in india also buy from Reliance fresh, etc). There is not much work!
Mom: Then, I will tell Priya to keep me as maid. 18 LPA is good salary for a housewife. I will earn more that engineer (read: me) and Banker ( read: My Dad ).

(Silence for a second) And, we all burst in laughter over her comic timing!!!

Aunt told Mom: You will never change. So, happy to talk to you.:)

Read similar stuffs at Life is Beautiful
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive