Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

20 Oct 2015

Some Myths about Happiness

Here is my take on a topic which is close to my heart. I will bust some Myths about happiness:
  • Happiness is the result of success - (No it is not, my office boy seems more happy than me.  The guy who was moping the washroom floor looked more satisfied and happy to me. Happiness is an attitude! (PS- Success is also relative and for me those who are happy are successful)
  • Happiness is a function of money, love, power, respect, health, etc. ( No, my friends who earn more than me and are pampered more that me are less happier than me, even some of my friends who have less materialistic pleasure than me are among the happiest lot of people I know. Yesterday, I saw profile of Virali Modi, she defied death many times and reading her answers make me feel that despite being in a wheel chair she is happier than me. And, let me clarify that I consider myself as a Happy person)
  • Happiness is a goal ( Happiness is not a goal. It is the by-product of our actions. Like, if we do what we love or we love what we do then we are happy. Happiness is a journey not the destination.)
  • We should run behind happiness? (Don't run as you can never find it that way. Do the right things, experience the beautiful things in and around you, be less arrogant and more humble, be a little less self centered and help others for no reason and then I am sure that happiness will itself find you.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive