Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

15 Sept 2015

Are Arrange marriage getting outdated in India

You have asked a question that pinched me and hence I am voicing my views about the same.

Arrange marriages are here to stay. They are not going anywhere. I am sensitive, yes, I hide it, but it's true. So, I try to do all the things that are possible to shield myself from being hurt. But, I never felt that I was missing something in life being single.

I had a perception early in life that the conversion of love relationship into marriage is slim. So, as a shy, reserved guy, I got an excuse to stay alert not to fall in love. I don't have regrets, even those who loved and lost should not regret because life is all about experiences. They have experienced love and hurt. I missed that roller coaster ride but have some other memories to cherish.

As I was not in a relationship so I had my own share of pros and cons. When my college friend would travel 1000 miles to meet love of his life. We felt good for him but when they parted. He was heartbroken, even we felt so bad for him. He got addicted to all the wrong things and has been admitted to Rehabilitation center. He failed in more that 15 subjects which all got cleared subsequently after we passed out.

His parents had put spy behind him.  He was cheerful and positive person in first year but his breakup broke him completely. By the way, now he overcame all this. If I were in his position, i might have been hit harder and hence I chose to be a coward and stay away from relationships. What a story?

Everybody is the architect of their life. I chose to be Single and yes, occasionally it felt awkward because of what we see in and around us. I will not mind if one finds me incompetent to find love on my own. I never tried, I never failed and probably it's a failure in itself. I don't know.

I am sure that the girl who will come to my life will be a wife as well as a girlfriend. She will be loved beyond limits, my inexperience in dating and relationship will never make me a bad choice. I will learn all that, after all, I do want to know how does feels to have a girlfriend. 

Arrange marriage is not outdated. They are a popular option to get married, and we all must be thankful that it accepts everyone with open arms. So, whether you have been single, have love and lost or have loved and converted that into an arrange marriage. It's for everyone, indeed. It is not going anywhere till I get married. :)
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive