Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

12 Sept 2015

Strange Friends: Part-2 - Amazing Question Answers

Note- This is the second post in the series " Strange Friends". Read the first post here (Strange Friends- Part-1)

I couldn't believe what Raj was telling. He has interacted with Angel for many hours on whatsApp. He is a kind of boy who is not tech savvy. I was taken back by his claim. He has informed Angel about this blog and me. He is stupid. He has given me the messages so that I can write about it. He wants Angel to read it and hence I am writing in his own words. You might be thinking why I am helping him? You are not correct. In fact, he is helping me. He is sharing something which is thought provoking and it inspires the writer in me.

I immediately realized that this post will help even my siblings and friends. I am indebted to him and Angel for sharing this incredible stuff with me. I would recommend this to anyone going for a Campus Interview.  I must say, Raj is wierd and don't know how she is able to tolerate him. (Don't get angry Raj as you are just like me).

Raj and Angel have discussed about certain thought provoking questions. In fact, our Raj was trying to counsel Angel, though she didn't needed it. He also wrote why he was asking such strange questions to Angel. I am writing this putting myself in the shoes of Raj as he wanted to give feedback to Angel on her response to his questions.

Feedback to Angel from Raj: Lessons to everyone from Angel

The first question “What will you do if you wake up as “Aishwarya Rai?” was asked to see how you deal with surprises.  You replied that you will be little happy and sad. You will feel the joy and pain of being a celebrity and at the same time will want to get back to your own form as that’s not your identity. Your response was one of the best I have ever read or heard.  It shows that you are comfortable with surprises. The counter question was asked “Do you consider her more beautiful than you?” was a tricky one. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. You said that it was her profession to look beautiful and you are beautiful in your own way. This represents your confidence and positive attitude. You are comfortable in your own skin. You don’t like being someone else.

After that, the next question was asked “Describe yourself in few one words”. Your responded that you are chatter box, sensitive, confident, brave, shrewd, caring, don’t care attitude, little selfish, adventurous, restless, crazy, lazy, hard working.  During the fun exercise, I got convinced that you are true and honest in your answer. So, I second you opinion about yourself. However, I have few more things to add. There are some more one words that describe you like Intelligent, Friendly, Kind, Beautiful, Honest, Trustworthy, Reliable, Ambitious, Sensible, Mature, Sherlock Holmes, etc.  You are one of those friend for whom I don’t mind doing this time taking exercise. I am selfish here as I would not put so much effort for everyone. It was great to know so much about you. The purpose of this question was to find out what you think about yourself. It helped me figure out which should be my next questions. Further, you are not selfish or it will be better to say we all are selfish to a certain degree.

Then third question was “What are some of the most adventurous things you have done in life?” I have asked this question based on your answer that you are adventurous. This question was not planned earlier for you. I really liked your answer. You have done trekking once. But, we both agreed that adventure is not always about going to different places. The night before exams is really adventurous. You have rightly said that going to exams without sleeping or with a couple of hours of sleep is no less of an adventure.  It was music to my ears that you get into risky situations in life and have managed them on your own. Like you, I have also fallen and hurt myself and have not told parents just due to the fear of getting scolded.  The purpose of this question was to know your definition of adventure.  I really hope that someday you will plan for an adventure trip to Leh, Andaman etc as you have rightly mentioned it. I also want to go on Cruise someday.

The fourth question “3 good things and 3 bad things about your college days” was to figure out about your perception about your life. Your response was positive as you have mentioned good things as learning from the bad experiences. It shows your level of maturity. I was amazed to know that you had organized National Level conferences and you loved giving presentation and seminars. It speaks a lot about your personality.  One of the bad things mentioned by you was “Few tough times with few lecturers”. It really made me smile as I also had some tough times with lecturers. Overall, you have given a brilliant response. This question was a silent killer. It looks casual but the response to it speaks a lot about our attitude. Well done!

The fifth question was   “Close your eyes and think what you want to do if you have name, fame, money and all luxury of the world”. Why I asked this question was to figure out what truly matters in your life. We all chase money, power, fame to a certain degree but when we get that we realize that it still don’t make us happy. So, I wanted to know what truly makes you happy.  You think for doing good for others. You have a higher purpose in life and it is worth admiration. You want to travel, enjoy, do charity and be happy.  You want to get experience of bungee jumping, paragliding, boat house stay at Kerala, Make a trip to Andaman on a ship, Visit Leh, etc. They are pretty interesting and I will also do all of them at some point in my life. Thanks for inspiring me with your answer.

The topping on the cake was that girls like you exist who feel that success is mostly about having a partner who’ll support them. You are a beautiful soul. One would be really lucky to have you as a life long companion. I am sure that he will make you feel special like a Princess always. I am truly honored to have a friend like you.

You have been kind and caring towards me. I was scared to death to know that you are rude and ruthless at times . I felt that I am going to be screwed if this exercise went wrong as your response was phenomenal. It was the first time that I was counseling someone in a structured manner on whatsapp. All my excitement went for a six. But, it shows the real side of all of us. I am also harsh at times. Sometimes, people deserve to be treated ruthlessly as keeping our frustration within will hurt us even more. It helps in keeping our heart and mind clean from hatred. I am really happy to know that you are so honest and perfectly imperfect. It was a delight to know that you show your Goddess Kali version to those who really deserve it. I want a real friend who is honest. 10/10 for this!

The sixth question was an easy one “Who are your role models? Why?” Your Dad, Sudha Murthy, Indira Gandhi, etc are your role model. It was amazing that you admire people who command respect, have patience, are supportive and are good to others.  This speaks a lot about you.  Thanks!

And the Seventh question “What was your experience in campus placement?” I asked this question because I was sure that you must have got a job. Since, we never spoke about it and I didn’t want to touch upon those aspects. But, it was an important thing for me to know to help you make sure that you are always highly employable. You have impeccable communication skills and you can get whatever you want to do in life. I am proud that you quit that job which was uninspiring. It was the best thing you have done and see you got into heaven for your masters. Good things happen when we least expect about it. I studied about your chosen career. It is one of the fastest growing careers in India as well as across the world. I will suggest you in a separate post about the ways in which you can ensure to get a high paying, challenging job that you would love. I have not done this with any expectation but I will not mind getting treat from you once you get a plum job after 2 years.

It was the longest continuous texting I had done in my entire life. But, it was worth the experience.  There are many positives coming out of it. I will also sit and answer a set of questions to understand myself better. Not only this, you have ensured that this exercise will now be carried out with my siblings as well. But, of course, they will get a questionnaire and need to answer it. It is aching my hands typing so much.

Thank you for being so kind and patient. There are more than 20 other questions that I had framed. I will ask some of them occasionally so that they are fun and not a boring activity.
Thank you for the wonderful experience. I am sharing it so that others can read and get inspired by the response of Angel. I think it was one of the best ways to use technology for a good cause.

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive