Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

21 Sept 2015

How you feel when you Quora Answer get unexpectedly viral?

The God of Upvotes got emotional seeing my answers dying a silent death. So, few days ago, he decided to give me a surprise.

I was seeing a question " What is Love?" many times in my feed and so decided to write on it even when my understanding of love is essentric. I wrote about a real life incident related to my Mom. My Mom was so happy when I got my first job offer that she couldn't sleep out of joy.

For me, it was just another honest answer like the one I write and get few upvotes. But, I was pleasantly shocked to see it getting traction.

I got thrilled and called my cousin to inform him that one of my answers of Quora is close to 1K upvotes. He told, " Oh! great, what was the question?". I told, " What is love?". On hearing that he started laughing like a fool. When I asked him, what was so funny about it? He told that you write in your area of expertise and no one give a damn to you and you wrote about something you have no experience and you are getting thousands of upvotes on it. Strange! We both had a good laugh over this :)

So, after getting more than 3K upvotes on Rohan Sinha's answer to What is love? till date, I can definitely say that it is not the best feeling on Quora. I get a high when I receive a really inspiring comment on one of my unpopular answers.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive