Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

21 Sept 2015

How to get better at small talk?

The more you practise the better you become.  I have some dirt simple advice for anyone who is trying to be better at small talk:
  • People may notice if you are trying to be cheesy. Be genuine, short and specific.  
  • Do small talk with everyone- Fellow passengers, watchman, driver, random girl or boy, old people, kids, etc.
  • Identify a common interest and talk about it.
  • Let the conversation go normally. Don't try too hard.
  • Be cheerful and offer a pleasing smile.
  • Have a positive aura and people will more likely respond to you.
  • Be Trustworthy. The other person is not knowing about your intentions but you are.

A (really) small talk:

This one is really small but made me happy instantly.

I was not in a mood to smile but when I saw an energetic & smart guy giving tickets for Local Train in Mumbai. I uttered " Nice Tattoo" with a smile. 

He waved and said " Thank you" with a broad smile. 

He made my day:)

(The tattoo of his neck was really suiting him hence I told so. I don't give false compliments, I would prefer staying Mum as it's not necessary to compliment)

If you have liked this, Pl check out some interesting stuffs at Life is Beautiful
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive