Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

21 Sept 2015

How My Father felt when I came to this world


I think that my birth was a bittersweet experience for my parents. During my birth, my Dad was posted in a remote place. At that fateful night, my Mom got sudden unbearable pain and she was rushed to a local Hospital, but the main doctor was not there and the other doctors recommended my Dad to take her to a better hospital. So, in all hurry, she was taken to a Private clinic which was 3 hours away. 


The clinic was of a cousin (sister) of Dad. When they reached the clinic, my aunt (also the main doctor) instructed all her staff to start preparing for the operation. Mom often laugh that Dad was given a solid scolding by her cousin. My Dad was really afraid when the Doctor told that the water has dried up in the womb ( don’t know what it means) and it is a risky case.

But, finally some good news came out next morning after the long operation and someone informed my Dad that I was born and he can meet after some time. So, in joy and excitement, he went to a nearby sweet shop and purchased lots of sweets. But, when he came back, he was informed that your child is really critical and is in incubator. 

My Maternal Uncle told me once that he had never seen my Dad so helpless. He dumped the sweets and only god knows what he was going through at that time. But, he is one of the strongest men I have seen and hence he must have shown great courage in such adversity. He was blessed with a baby who was critical and it was uncertain whether he would survive or not. I can only tremble thinking of anything like that.

But, the Doctor put her best efforts to save me. I last met the doctor who brought me in this world a few years ago and she revisited her memory and told how much scared she was while my birth. She told that she invited her seniors and consulted my case with them. I was born like a child of a chimpanzee. My skin was wrinkled as the water in the womb was dried up but fortunately or unfortunately I was saved.

The story of my own birth reminds me to do something great ( though I haven't done anything worthwhile till date :)) as I came after giving terrible pain to my parents. Getting blessed with a child is one of the best feelings in the world. I think that parents feel goosebumps while holding their child in their arm for the first time. OMG! What a feeling it must be :)
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive