Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

16 Sept 2015

Just another Software Engineer

My friend Aryan is one of the most entertaining people whom I know. I went out with him last Sunday. It was a monotonous day and I blackmailed him to make plans to meet me as I was feeling lonely. He told that he had to go to office. I was surprised and have asked him what he would do in office on Sunday. I always thought that software industry is following 5 days working.

“Nine Business Leaders are coming tomorrow to review a system that is not ready” he replied. He was working on a project tirelessly to meet an unrealistic deadline. Of course the system was not ready despite all his efforts. He was laughing over his frustrations and told that it is easy to program but difficult to find bugs and solve the issues.

I am from a different profession and I only have to see the bright side of the life of a software engineer. For me, working in Software Industry is glamorous and onsite opportunities make you rich beyond measure. What he was able to say was the dark side of his profession.

What I really liked about Aryan is that he was all smiling while sharing his agonies. I really admire positive people. He was the real man who was cribbing about his job in a way that was like a therapy.

He works for a small company in Mumbai as a Software Developer. Few days ago, he got interviewed by a client and couldn’t clear the interview. I was laughing to know that he flunked the interview. We used to pull legs of each other. Then on a serious note, I told, “ Forget it, what’s the big deal?”

He replied, “My Company didn’t got the job as I was going to execute that project if we had got that contract.”

I was mesmerized. I told, “My friends who are working for large companies often crib that their job is not important. They tell that they do some mundane repetitive jobs. Actually, they fail to see the impact they are creating because their efforts looks miniscule compared to the gigantic projects they do.

Dude, you have got a job where you can see the impact you are creating for your company.” Well done, bro!

And, this was the moment when I told him that I want to write about you.

He: What?
Me: I want to write a series of stories about you on my blog. I would need you permission though I am a free bird.

He was not convinced that why should I write about him. Who is going to read and other inhibitions? I told that it is not his story, it is the story of just another software engineer. I told him that he is candid and is able to handle so much hardship that deserves to be written. It will inspire people to enjoy what they have till they find something else which is more fascinating.

To be continued…

( The struggles of his life...)
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive