Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

10 Sept 2015

Do people with poor grade can be successful in Life

My grades have been shaky all my life and I relate more with those slogging that toppers. Just to give you a feel, my marks varied from 

School 57 % in Class 10th ( 1st Term) to 82 % to Class 10th Boards and the again it slipped to 67 % in Class 12th Boards.

Let us take English, Got highest (88/100) in Class 10th Boards and lowest    ( 57/100) in class 12th Boards. 

College ( from 7.04/10 CGPA in First sem to 9.04/10 in Last sem)
Am I successful?

Success is a subjective thing. I count success in terms of the learning and experience one gets in life.  Yes!  I feel successful as I work to make things better than they are. The challenges of the work I face makes me feel happy about my work. I work for a reputed company and I enjoy my work. I don't like to mention this but I do earn better than 90% of my former batchmates.

I am a startup enthusiast who is working for a MNC on a mega infrastructure project in Mumbai. Major chunk of my time goes into meeting people from different organisations of all sizes. They all are business meetings but there is tremendous knowledge sharing in those interactions.
I love talking to founders of startups as they are full of energy and passion. The same goes for CEOs, Directors and senior executives of MNCs, as they have vision for the growth and well being of their shareholders and employees.

I enjoy the best of MNC and Startup culture because I am working at a project site and it is amazing. 

Do I got opportunity to work at what I dreamt of ?

No, I wanted to be a Scientist, Bank Manager, Police Officer, Prime Minister, Doctor, Actor and Astronaut at different point of time. :( 

But I am a Mechanical Engineer working in Construction Industry in the Field of Tendering, Project Procurement, Costing, Contract Management, Outsourcing which is no way related to my dreams. Anyways, Life is all about changes, our priority and preferences changes with time.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive