Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

21 Sept 2015

Some things to learn from South Indians


I learned not to delay things till the last moment


I am lazy beyond measure when it comes to personal things. It was 5th Sept,15  when I told a colleague that I have not filled the ITR. As the colleague was senior to me as well as friendly so, with authority he told me, "Why you are so casual? You are always sincere in your office works".  I replied that, "I am often lazy when it comes to personal works".

He scolded me and like an elder brother and made me fill my ITR.  ( I remember that at that time, I wanted to answer a question on Quora and was least interested to fill ITR). But, he literally made me sit down and fill my ITR. It took only 15-20 minutes but I was procrastinating for months. The last date for filing ITR was 31st Aug,15 and then Income Tax Department gave extension till 7th Sept,15. I always wait for extension every year. :)

Had he not pushed me that day, then I had all intention to fill it on 7th Sept,15.His name is Saravanan and he is from Chennai. People like him really care about others.

It is one out of many incidents of my life which made me believe that South Indian are more sincere and hardworking (even when they are answerable to no one. It's not that North Indians are not hard working but I have seen some of them delaying things till the last moment).

North Indians and South Indians are two sides of the same coin called "India". I don't make a friend or pick a mentor based on which part of the country they belong to. 

I should not mention what we can learn from APJ Abdul Kalam, RK Narayan, RK Laxman, Rahul Dravid, Narayan Murthy, Sudha Murthy, etc

Proud on being an Indian! 

If someone has a feeling of discrimination or hatred against those from North or South, don't dare spit on this answer else you will be reported. Get well soon
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive