Life is a beautiful journey full of chaos and adventure. So, fold your sleeves, come out of your comfort zone and try something you always wanted to do.

6 Sept 2015

How to overcome hesitation while talking to strangers?

Easy answer- 

You can call Customer Care of your Network Provider and talk to them. They are polished speaker and they will listen to you patiently. A great practice tip.

Long answer-

I used to hesitate while talking to unknown people:

Reasons for that feeling:
  • Lack of confidence
  • Low self esteem
  • Not comfortable talking in English with the polished speakers
How I overcame it?

No fancy answers here! My job profile required me to meet business executives almost everyday. I had to organize business meetings. I would tremble to give my introduction, presentations, etc but slowly it became a fun activity. Now, I love meeting people and I am not nervous even while meeting any one, whether they are CEOs, Directors or Founders.

I was thrown in the ocean when I didn't knew swimming. Somehow by trying hard I learned to overcome the hesitation.
  • Be yourself- Don't worry about your accent.
  • Don't compare yourself with the polished speaker else you will have low confidence.
  • Speak at a slow pace and often practice speaking in front of a mirror.
  • You can practice speaking on a topic for a minute with your close friends.
Extra Tip- The more you practice, the better you become. Face the Fear and fear will disappear.

Also read my post How come Indians on Quora know English so well as if it is their mother tongue? 

Thanks Yash for A2A!
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive